Steeping juice

Hello everyone!
I’m recent to the DIY scene, and I have had very enjoyable success with my ~2 months.
That said, I would like to try and get as many opinions as possible on the subject of ‘steeping’ your ejuice in a slow cooker, how it reacts with certain flavours and finally what you think of my methodology. I would absolutely appreciate any input you have on the topic but please lean on experience vice what you’ve read!
My method:
-mix flavour/base;
-shake to bajeezus;
-bottle (w/ lid);
-add to slow cooker (with thermometer reading 45-50 deg C CONSISTENTLY);
-periodically (every half hour or so) removing bottles, shaking, removing lids allowing mild degasification;
-after the juice has bathed for whatever length of time I have arbitrarily decided to keep it warm for, I remove the bottles, shake the hell out of them, remove the lids and leave them on a shelf in the dark until they smell ready to go; and finally
-adding the nic to the base, leaving lids on at this point and shaking no less than a half dozen times (with half hour breaks between) before vaping it!
Now, there seems to be conflicting logic available as it relates to ‘heat’ or ‘speed-steeping’. My favourite flavours are very fruit-heavy, and I’ve just received several cream flavours and began incorporating these. I’m reading now that heating fruity flavours is detrimental to their finished product but I’m yet to complain about any degradation.
My favourite (homemade) recipe: Brucer’s BerryPeach
Anyway ELR, I want to know if you think I’m out to lunch - and if so, why. Thank you so much for your time if you’ve read the wall of text, and I appreciate all the resources you all make available for new people to make their way onto the scene. If not for this website, calculator and community I would not have had such an excellent transition into this world!

1 Like

I use a Ultrasonic Heat Steep method. I’ve never done a side by side taste test with a normal steep juice, but I get excellent flavor from my finished product.

1 Like

I set em on a shelf and wait patiently. The only time I heat my juice mixes is if I make a large batch like 250ml and need to hit it with my hobby paint stirrer to mix it up before pouring into the bottle. I heat the flask in a water bath at 140F and mix the bejeesus out of it. Then I pour into bottles and on the shelf it goes.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you Pro_Vapes and LordVapor for your replies.

I’m not asking these questions because I’m unimpressed by my own results in this case, but if I can be doing a better job I want to know.

I will try the old sit to steep method for my next batch of the ADV and report back.

Thanks again lads

1 Like