Steeping my juices and within days the flavor is gone

Please help I don’t understand what I could be doing wrong. I have made a few juices and they stay in a dark closet with the lid off for the first 24 hours and then they stay in the closet where once a day we try it out to see how it is doing. In a couple of days it tastes amazing and then a couple days later the flavoring is almost gone. I feel like I am now wasting so much money on juices that once tasted amazing and now I can’t even say they taste like shit since there is ZERO taste.

Please help if you know what I could do to get my juices to stop losing all of their flavor in less about a week from making it.

First, what percents are you using? Juice will change over time usually, but it typically gets better, not worse. What are you vaping with and how long have you been vaping? What time of day are you trying them? Our perception of flavor can change throughout the day. I would suggest you try not leaving the cap off. Not sure why you’re doing so, but a lot of your flavor molecules may be lost that way. I only uncap if something is so strong after a couple weeks that it’s still unvapeable. Some people around here do uncap and others recommend NEVER doing so. Worth a shot to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Nicotine juice 100 mg (100% PG) @ 3%
PG 40
VG 60
Bubblegum (TPA) @ 11%
Strawberry (LA) @ 8%
Super Sweet (CAP) @ 3%
Watermelon (Clear) (LA) @ 8%

I am vaping on a segelei 50w with a aspire Atlantis tank. Been vaping off an on. Just started back up again and having been vaping for last couple of weeks. I had my wife try the flavor this evening to see if should could taste anything and she stated no.

Hi James.

Welcome to ELR.

You’re using a very high % of flavouring.

You could be over doing it.

I would cut back your flavour %'s.

It sounds counter productive to actually reduce % to get better flavour but it works.

Try readjusting your recipe to make use of 20% rather than 30%.

I personally don’t bother allowing any breathing time before caping my juices any more. Thanks @Ken_O_Where

I make 30/70 PG/VG juices and the most flavouring I’ve ever used is 21% the least I’ve used is 4% (in a tobacco menthol mix)

5 Likes

I’m in the “never” camp. Seal it up, shake and steep for me.

2 Likes

First off as everyone else says, and I agree, there’s no need to leave off the cap. I do not do it either. As @Jondamon says, your favoring is too high. Try this…

PG 40
VG 60
Bubblegum (TPA) @ 6%
Strawberry (LA) @ 7%
Super Sweet (CAP) @ a drop or 2
Watermelon (Clear) (LA) @ 7%

Personally I use Marshmallow at 2% or less for sweetening if I feel it is necessary. If it was my recipe I would not have sweetened especially being I have no idea what cap uses in their Super Sweet. If there is any EM in it then that can weaken your flavor. Average percentage use of Super Sweet here on ELR is 1.6%. Heck, try a batch without the Super Sweet too. Anyway, try that and see if you get more flavor and then you can play with the percentages to more personalize the taste. I do suspect the Bubblegum and Super Sweet is too high for this mix…

If all you taste is bubblegum and next to no flavor still then try…

PG 40
VG 60
Bubblegum (TPA) @ 4%
Strawberry (LA) @ 8%
Super Sweet (CAP) @ a drop or 2
Watermelon (Clear) (LA) @ 8%

You get the idea! Happy Blending…

3 Likes

Thank you for your input. I have another question when it come to sweetener. Is there a specific sweetener that you would recommend that doesn’t have any EM? When it comes to flavoring is there a way to know what is in it that could cause the mix to lose flavoring? Thank you so much for your time.

Marshmallow at 2% or less is my recommendation. If you’re in a fix maybe Whipped Cream.

Unfortunately as far as I know, word of mouth. It is becoming well known the EM fades other flavors in a mix. The only other flavor I know of that you must be careful with because it mutes other flavors, is TFA Malted Milk. Use it as a standalone or 2% or less in a mix…

1 Like

You ever use TFA sweetener? basically, sucralose.

Nope, actually feel no need for it, I got my Marshmallow! I know you ALWAYS hear me preaching Marshmallow. Why stop now? I do also like the mouth feel the marshmallow gives plus, who knows what sucralose does to standard coils…

1 Like

Was there a thread on Sucralose and it’s use, health wise, on ELR? I can’t seem to find one in the search box.

Sorry Jim, don’t know. That is also something to consider though…

1 Like

I’ve used TFA SWEETENER in an Apple and Blackcurrant Pie with Custard recipe as the blackcurrant was giving a real sourness to the recipe. 6 drops in 30ml really helped round off the sourness.

CMJ

1 Like

So did this fix it or didn’t it? nobody ever said @James_Recipes
im making bubblegum as well and keep having the same problem.
did this or didn’t this fix it?
my mix was with nicotine 25mg/25ml
nicotine 16.8ml nicotine is pg based
pg 0
VG 9.6ml
bubble gum fl.Conc. 3.6ml (12%) flavor is pg based

T.PG was 68% T.VG was 32% for that recipe

same thing. it taste great after making it then within a day loses all flavor and taste like im vaping nothing.