Steeping new juices?

Is it really necessary to steep new juices if you have mixed them well and used good quality flavours?

Yes - I think we all would like our juices to be ready when mixed but steeping 2 to 3 weeks makes all the difference.

Thanks mixed a couple yesterday

There are two basic styles. Shake and vape…ready to go after a good (very good shake) and those that require time to sit and just age some.

The best example is a custard. Those require time to sit and do its thing. Some will say 1-2 weeks and others will say 3-4 weeks at a minimum.

However, there are many recipies that are good after mixing. Maybe a day later it’s good to go. A lot of fruit recipies are good right after (minus the custard).

So to answer the question it depends on the mix and the personal taste.

1 Like

From what I’ve found, the “lighter” flavors tend to do better as shake and vapes. Things like fruit, candy, and some drink flavors. The “heavier” flavors like custards, bakery, tobacco, etc. seem to do better after some time. This is definitely not a hard and fast rule, but more of a guideline. In the end, it comes down to what you like. If you mix up something and like it right away, that’s awesome. But I’d definitely mix enough that you can see how things do after time. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I’m a 5% er when it comes to flavor, so I pretty much just shake and vape everything I make. To me, steeping is term meaning losing flavor rapidly.

I mixed a Gin, Elderflower, Gooseberry and Rhubarb yesterday which was great right away, but I also mixed a Lime, Rum and Spearmint which is a bit burnt when I vape it, could this be down to needing steeping or is it the fact that the flavours I have chosen don’t suit well together. I added both my recipes here the one I have a issue with is a Mojito 3% 50/50 mix any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the info so far.

In general tobaccos, creams and custards just needs to steep. You can be lucky that some are good as shake and vape, but in general those types (among a few others) needs to steep. Of course you should taste them quick, to test if they are vapable right away :slightly_smiling:

If one mix tastes bad right after mixing, steep it and test again - repeat until it tastes good, or if you’re convinced that it’s just …bad :smiley: