Steeping time!

Yeah it’s key to having some idea when a recipe is ready. The next time I make some of that stuff above, I’ll know not to even bother tasting it until 35 days of steeping.

Maybe 28 if I’m desperate. It’s kinda brutal to make a batch of something that delicious and then have to wait 35 days to vape it.

And I’m starting to get an idea of steeping time after tracking 25 different fruit recipes, and 10 custards, and 30 desserts.

2 Likes

@ozo hmmmm, i’m usually a patient person - guess it’s just the excitement of being relatively new to mixing - so want to hurry thru and “try it”. guess if i can hold myself for 3-4 weeks on one of those creamy mixes, and see the difference, that would convince … Oh, but some of these speed steeped are not really that bad :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah…that’s kind of where I’m at. If I can get to 90% (or more) satisfaction, at least until my supplies build up, then I’m MORE than happy with the fast results of the UC (using the 1hr = 1 week steep method that was arrived at in a 2000+post ECF thread that I read from start to finish.)

With having so many to test, and yet “support the daily habit” (of usually 30-45ml, but sometimes more) the hardest part of all of this is not just being “patient” but supporting the damned habit in the meantime. Even with having acquired a ‘few more’ bottles (you’d think 40 or so was enough… HA! No.), I’m finding that I really need to order 4-6 more 120ml’s (possibly even 8 -need to do the math lol), fill those with my two ADV’s, and that way I can not be as tempted to launch into some of the ‘testing’ bottles.

I’ve still managed to do right by my testing, but it’s just that for awhile, there was not as much to test when each comes to full maturity (that’s when I switched from making 10ml test batches to 15ml, and some that I KNOW I’ll like up to 30ml), so that has set me back further (timeline-wise) than where I feel I should be by now.

Once I get enough supplies (primarily flavors and bottles) built up to be able to “set it, and forget it” (as the old commercial goes…) THEN I’ll worry about refining things down to the wire with a fine-toothed comb.

@Sprkslfly, i’m really surprised with your daily rate. 30-45ml? are you considering cutting down on that?
i honestly don’t know what’s a reasonable level is, but too much of anything is scary - and that’s in the “too much” category for me. pls be careful.

1 Like

Me TOO! It’s all the large builds that make juice evaporate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I hear you! That’s the only downside to the Boreas IMO. That thing drinks juice, and I’m only running dualies that come out to 0.48ohm. (2.5mm id at that, so not like I’m running some monster deep water rig, which I still want to try, but think it would be better suited in an rda for me at least)

Thinking about trading it off… But haven’t had it long enough yet to really determine what I think (as any kind of “final verdict”.)

But yeah, 30-45ml may sound like alot for someone who’s only done 12-18mg in MTL, but it’s a while different ball game in subohm-land. (Not saying that’s where y’all fall, but figured I’d toss it out there for those who are just “trapesing through” the thread).

Appreciate your concern and good thoughts though! =D

1 Like

I use 30+ml a day…no big deal.
10 mods at least on my desk in daily rotation, some with Ti “deep water” builds in TC mode.
No worries, eh?

2 Likes

Don’t mean to take the thread away from original topic, and I do understand that each of us has different vaping style, but IMO it’s all about moderation. When I smoked, I got worried if I crossed the 2 packs/day limit. Too much foreign stuff into my body. Now I have 6 mods on my desk, I vape all day, dual coils, sub-ohm, Ss claptons, chain vape sometimes, and all, but I try to stay below 12-15 ml. Lungs need oxygen , room needs fresh air, and I don’t want the enjoyable experience of vaping to turn something bad.
Here are few tricks
I never fill a tank all the way, usually to half
I mix 20ml in 30 ml bottles, easier to shake and manage
I avoid heavy coils, too much heat reminds me of smoking, single core claptons do the job, best flavor. I don’t use pre-made coils since got into RTAs many months back. Got much better control on my vape when I wrap my own.

Please moderate and be watchful of your daily consumption. For your health. Vaping community needs to remain as far away from the dangers of smoking as possible too. Just few thoughts on this.

1 Like

This is my ‘daytime/mobile’ take to work kit…I literally have no idea what my consumption is…
Lots I’m guessing…

5 Likes

With all that stuff you bring to work, do you ever find time to actually work :smile: :smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been here 10 years…I’m still not entirely sure what I’m supposed to do…
thankfully I have ELR and a big bag of vapeables :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

10 Likes

Ahhhh, so a government job then. Gotcha.
Rofl :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
/kidding

4 Likes

yeah I’m fairly certain I’m the Prime Minister…:confused:

4 Likes

Pugs for Prime Minister!
I’d vote!

4 Likes

An end to all FDA & TPD vaping regulations
a 3 working week
and grated cheese to be the third condiment next to salt and pepper and supplied with all meals.

This is what I stand for

who’s with me :v::nerd::v:

4 Likes

I’ll have to move across the ocean but you’ll have my vote :cheese:

3 Likes

you start swimming I’ll start grating :ok_hand::yum:

3 Likes

Hi. I always reed that steep in cold place, what it is cold place? I steeping in cold room, about 13 degrees. Maybe its too cold?

Cold place? Never heard that.

I steep in a box or cupboard or in a box in a cupboard at room temperature, shake once daily or every other day to mix everything up nicely

I used to steep in my basement, where it’s somewhat cold.
I then tried, for 2 months, steeping on the top shelf in a warm room.
The difference between the two is about 25F / 15C.
I didn’t notice a difference in the required steeping time.