Sterling Cloud Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now

@SessionDrummer I’ve been waiting to see what you think on these. I’m surprised there’s that many good ones, iyo. Are you testing the all natural or the natural and artificial?

3 Likes

You can also find them on Amazon.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking in the beginning @muth.

They’re all from DIYVS, and they don’t state which ones they are.

3 Likes

Smore (Sterling Cloud) 2.5% (8-27-24) – You guys know me, or most of you do, and those who do, KNOW I love the S’mores. Still chasing the dragon trying to nail down just that PERFECT mix. It’s actually a lot harder than it would seem. Getting the right flavors is only HALF the battle, getting the RATIOS is almost harder. Sterling Cloud did a great job with this flavor. I loved their Graham Cracker (above), and the Marshmallow was pretty good. I haven’t solo’d their Choco, but it’s in THIS one. The stellar Graham Cracker was here, along with the MM, and there was some pretty damned good choco in here as well. I prefer a S’mores where the GC doesn’t get buried under the chocolate, and that’s exactly how SC did this one. The GC was almost the top note, with the Chocolate in 2nd place, with the MM in a close third. VERY well ratio’d

I won’t repeat the GC, and MM intel here, but they worked VERY good here. At 2.5% it was great, and hard to put down. Sweetness was just at mid-level, and I didn’t pick up on any off-notes. About my only complaint would be a slight dryness on the finish. The choco tasted like a mid-dark chocolate, which worked perfectly here, not dark, and not a milk choco. No smoke, fire, or charring here, but I didn’t miss them. If you like S’mores, you’ll love this one. Taking off only for the very slight dryness on the finish, and leaving it high at a 9.510.

9 Likes

Sounds like im gonna have to make a sterling cloud order.

Im surprised you didnt get pound cake from the pound cake. To me its perfect but i think it comes down to the type of pound cake you like. What i get is not like a standard bakery grainy somewhat dry pound cake. I get specifically that yellow butter filled sweet part of a really moist entermans pound cake which is not exactly a tradtional pound cake but i love me some entermans pound cakes over a fresh baked pound cake.

Btw did you get the vanilla extract.thats what i have been wanting to try the mist as it seems what they specialize in. Iv also noticed if you look on there site some of their flavors have personalized detailed descriptions where other dont have much of a description. If i were a betting man id say these ones with the more detailed descriptions are their best flavors

3 Likes

@STR8V8PING I actually went an extra step, that I NORMALLY do not do. I actually replaced the new coils mid series, JUST to be sure before testing this one. There was some there, but it really tasted like it was either part batter, or cupcake to me. It was still good, actually VERY good, BUT, hehe, it never fully took on a Pound Cake.

Because there was only ONE recipe for it, I checked yours out …

Pa Pa Pa Poundcake with Blueberry #AAFL : Check cookies

2.20% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
0.50% Biscuit (Flavor Jungle)
1.50% Blueberry (Sweet) (FW)
4.00% Blueberry (VSO)
3.00% Butter (Burro) (FA)
1.00% Caramel (Original) (TPA)
3.00% Pound Cake (Sterling Cloud)
2.50% Simply Cake (Purilum)
0.75% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 18.45%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

Now THAT, looks like, it might start to take shape. You shifted it with the Bavarian Cream, and added 3.0% total of Simply Cake and Biscuit to bolster that part, and you super slammed in 3.0% of BUTTAH !!!

My point is, as it stood, it DID need some help, and just like the help you gave it. Glad I got it, and will indeed use up the 120ml bottle of it for a lot of different purposes.

4 Likes

The only vanilla’s I picked up were the French (and that was very good), the Cream Cookie Filling, and Vanilla Custard. From what I tasted in the Pound Cake, and smelled in the Cream Cookie Filling (not tested yet), I think that Vanillas might just be their Alamo.

2 Likes

Yea from their site it really looks like they are focused on creating nice natural vanilla extracts.That could be something we could really use in vape flavors since there isnt much of that natural vanilla type besides maybe madigascar fa which is a bit artificial and the og holy vanilla. I think i may place a order tonite

3 Likes

Sweet Potato Pie (Sterling Cloud) 2.5/3.5% (8-31-24) – RIGHT out of the gate, I’m going to WARN you, this one IS, BBA (Big Bottle Approved). Wowzer. To be honest, when mixing these up, THIS was the one that stood out. Guess what, it STILL stood out !!! I caught myself mixing up ANOTHER bottle, and I still have other flavors to review. Yes, this one WAS excellent. I don’t think I’ve ever reviewed a SPP before, so this IS a first. This one was literally SPOT ON, for a Sweet Potato Pie. Started out at 2.5%, felt like it needed a little more, and 3.5% drove it home. Very accurate SP pie filling with some light spice, and a slightly creamy undertone. The crust on this one was stellar. It reminded me of FA’s Apple Pie flavor, where the crust stole the show. It didn’t entirely steal the show, as the SP filling was on point, but the crust was up near the TOP of the good crusts. No graham crust here, but more of a INW Biscuit crust, with a nice light buttery undertone.

The “spice” level was about perfect, with JUST enough presence, and not TOO much. I couldn’t fully decode it, whether cinnamon, nutmeg, or clove, and could have even been a combo of them, but needless to say, it perfectly suited the flavor, and worked to ACCENT the overall profile, without overshadowing it. The SP filling (as I’m calling it), was very accurate, and not pumkin-y, and was very natural tasting. Smelling it in the bottle you’d SWEAR, you had a slice sitting on a plate in front of you. Yes, it was THAT good. At 3.5% it was very rich, and full, but didn’t increase linearly from 2.5%, so perhaps 3.0% might be the SFT sweet spot. ZERO issues, complaints, or off-notes. My third tester is literally running DRY, forcing me to put it down, and write this review. Release the Kraken again folks, Big Bottle Approved, and landing it at a JTDG (Just Too Damned Good) 10/10.

7 Likes

@STR8V8PING, they @#$%*#@'ing NAILED the Sweet Potato Pie.

2 Likes

Man im gonna have to get theat one. Too bad i already placed a order direct the other day.

2 Likes

With the Pound Cake would pairing it with FLV pound cake fill in what its missing? And vica versa

3 Likes

Depending on the ratios, I think yes.

It’s a good Pound Cake, but for my tastes, the creamy-ness, and maybe the vanilla pushed it into needing a little help, but NOT in needing to TASTE good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@STR8V8PING this is starting to feel like the “Dualing Banjos” scene. YOU tell me about the Pound Cake, I tell you about the Sweet Potato Pie, …

1 Like

For real lol. I just ordered the other day the vanilla extract, french vanilla , graham , sugar cookie and i think 2 others that sounded good

2 Likes

Tiramisu (Sterling Cloud) 2.5/3.5% (9-1-24) – This flavor had most of the telltale characteristics of a real Tiramisu. Dark Espresso, Hints of Cocoa, Vanilla Wafers, and a delicious creamy-ness. I started testing at 2.5%, but (like a few others), felt it needed a boost, and rode the rest of the test at 3.5%, where it tasted much fuller. While having more than a few profiles, I could fairly easily pick them out, as opposed to being a mashup, or blurry blend. SC did a good job balancing out the cream/creamy-ness and the espresso, so neither overran the other, and the creamy undertones did not obliterate the nice acidic edge to the espresso. I couldn’t tell if the vanilla notes were more from the cream or vanilla fingers, but it sat right in the middle of the mix.

No issues, or off-notes, and at the higher 3.5% it was full, but not overblown. No off-notes or squirrel-y-ness, and sweetness was two ticks below mid-level. About my only “want” would have been just a little MORE of it. Even at the higher rate, it felt like it could use JUST a bit more. Tasty, accurate, but just felt a little short. Finalized this one at a 8.9.10.

6 Likes

Vanilla Cream Cookie Filling (Sterling Cloud) 2.5% (9-2-24) – I think this one might have been the one that brought Sterling Cloud flavors onto my radar. @STR8V8PING had mentioned it recently, and I saw @Lynda_Marie tested it as well. This one put the Yum, in the Yummy. Very tasty, and it did have a lot of elements of an Oreo, or Hydrox cookie filling. It tasted like that was paired with an almost Vanilla Frosting. Now together, these two profiles simply worked. The creamy elements were very well done, and were not dairy creams, but exactly like the artificial cream cookie filling. At 2.5% it was spot on delicious, and sweetness was a few ticks above mid-level, which was accurate, and surprisingly non-fatiguing. No off-notes, complaints, or wants with this one. Simply put, it was an oreo cooking filling paired with a delicious vanilla frosting. It wasn’t billed as a frosting, and the overall profile was soo good, it didn’t feel right to mark down much for that. I finally decided on a 9.5/10.

8 Likes

Love this one. Oreo filling basically is frosting just dried. Lynda was the one who initially told me about it. I eat too many oreos so i have tried it side by side with real oreo cream and it really is authentic. Lb vienna cream is very close to this too. Im not sure which i like better.

4 Likes

I couldn’t find it on the DYI site- and the APEX site is way out of control…#help

3 Likes

Vanilla Custard (Sterling Cloud) 2.5% (9-2-24) – LAST one on deck in this series. Right out of the gate, I could tell this one was VERY similar to the just tested Vanilla Cream Cookie Filling. This was more of a light pudding custard, as opposed to a heavier, denser, eggy custard, so that may decide if this is right for your needs already. My personal tastes have started to lean more towards some egg in my custards, but not overly eggy, so keep that in mind regarding my ratings. Continuing what @STR8V8PING commented, it does appear as if Vanillas are indeed one of Sterling Cloud’s strong suits. The vanilla was rich and front and center, and leaned towards a Madagascar. Along with that were some delicious pudding notes, but not a full on pudding. Mouthfeel was above average, but not what I would call heavy, or dense.

At 2.5% it was damned good, and full, with no need to increase the strength. There was a very interesting almost vanilla icing note on the finish. Even without any heavy egg notes, I could see this one getting a LOT of use. No off-notes, complaints, or issues after 3 testers, and it was hard to put down. Sweetness was about a tick above mid-level, which tasted good for this flavor. In summary, it was a very good Vanilla Custard, sans any eggy-ness, paired with a great Vanilla Pudding, that finished with a light and wispy Vanilla Icing. Yeah, it was good, and that about summed it up. Scoring proved to be tricky, as I really have grown fond of having SOME egg/eggy-ness in my custards, and this one had none, yet, it was damned delicious, and hard to put down. I’ll leave it at this, if you crave eggy custards, it would be a 6.5/10, but if you preferred less eggy, and more pudding like custards, it would be much higher at a 9.7/10. Pick YOUR preference, and reference that score. Even being sans eggy-ness, I’m going to be using this one a lot.

5 Likes