Steve-O Milkshake base

I actually have all the flavors
Just looked and found about 100ml of Molinberry Milkshake left.
It’s 3 years old. Better get on it

10 Likes

Ah shit @Pastorfuzz I think I may have to RE-up on mine. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Me either @McDuckie however, I am going to try some subs, it looks too good to me!

6 Likes

It’s good stuff. Better than Caps, that’s for sure

6 Likes

Just found some more @SessionDrummer . Forgot I had the VTA. Never tried it yet

10 Likes

@Pastorfuzz you’ll have to report back what YOU think. Both the MB and VTA were VERY good shakes…

Nothing But Shakes
6 Likes

I actually had really good luck with the CAP’s. Do you remember what you got from it ? Off-notes ?

5 Likes

I should put that VT Milkshake base on my next order it’s been awhile since I made the recipe Celtic Knot. I blew through a 30ml making that recipe. So good :blush:

6 Likes

I think it was someone a lil ahead of my time… tis not I…

8 Likes

No off notes. I just like the Molinberry better. It has more of a malt feeling to me.

5 Likes

Is it a smooth malt or over malted like vta. I found the vta just too much

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the VTA yet. I just found it yesterday.
Didn’t even remember I had it

4 Likes

I use this quite often, I find it really good. Nice mouthfeel and goes well to add more depth to custards and creams. One I highly recommend personally.

5 Likes

I subbed a bunch of them it seemed to work out so far…oh wait i only subbed the molinberry now i am confused and i want mb milkshake and VTA
.shit…

4 Likes

Yup it is good as is, i use the Cap milkshake a lot too cuz it is a great shake base,i add SSA Van ice cream at 1% and its spot on Van Milkshake.I have a nice Pineapple van milkshake with whipped cream and a hint of cherry on top :blush: But i dont blame u its kinda like that Van custard your reluctant to add to cuz like steve o’s it’s perfect as is lol

6 Likes

What cherry would you add? I have never found one yet that didnt have a cough syrup thing to it. n I only have 3 or 4 i have FA cherry and FA cherry juice and I believe bakewell ssa is a cherry aroma but none of which ive tried cuz im a bit intimidated.

6 Likes

Ahh SSA is doing good things with 3 diff cherries and no detection of that cough syrup we hate.SSA Juicy Cherry is a really good one for me.The compote one is more jolly rancher naturally but good …but if you haven’t tried the Juicy Cherry its been fantastic,not too dark but fresh bold cherry with a more natural flavor.Great for all kinds of dessert bakeries,beverages and shakes etc :blush: best of all ssa is affordable for what they are and i haven’t needed more than 1% yet :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Bakewell has cherry in it but it suppose to mimic a bakewell tart. So the cherry should be slight on it

So its not something you would want in a shake lol.

Black cherry fa 2.5% and cherry juice fa 1% makes a nice cherry with no off notes. I do add black cherry mf at .5% and ripe cherry ssa at 1.25% and it really presents itself nicely. Red cherry molinberry is a good one too. Very smooth vibrant cherry. But as cherrys are on they own they do tend to mellow so i need to mix with multiple cherries so i dont have to go to high and the run into the medicinal or floral off notes.

4 Likes

This is where his came from it was nice of him to give credit to the person but here is the original base

https://alltheflavors.com/recipe/milkshake_1_16

3 Likes

Cherry Delight Sasami is one big step above all SSA cherries, however it’s a Morello Cherry (which isn’t bad since way more useful and flavorful). Natural, slightly cooked, but not too much, slightly syrupy, but not jammy; not candy or artificial in any way. Perfectly balanced to allow bending in any desired direction, with a convincing smell, it’s not shy, it likes to ride on top and it doesn’t get lost in a recipe. Useful for any fruity/bakery mix, cherry lemonade, best for creams / ice creams, yogurt or with dark chocolate or just plain homemade cherry liqueur (it reminds me most on those morello cherries in liqueur without a liqueur). Top class and highly usable flavor, i’d probably put it in top 5 fruity flavors; hard to be improved, not looking for a better version.

5 Likes