Still struggling

For the past two years I have been mixing various proportions of Lemon/Lime/Menthol/Peppermint/Lemon Tart in 70/30 mix with a small proportion of nicotine.

I am trying to recreate Something like (or a combination of):

1. Wicked Symphonic Glazed Lemon Tart
  2. Wicked Menthol
  3. TECC Titus Lemon and Lime Ice

My mixes have always been quite good but not quite what I want. Just cant seem to find the missing ingredient.

I would be tempted to going back to using pre-mixed liquids but being a sub-ohm vaper the cost is prohibitive

5 Likes

Could you post your recipes so that we can see where you may be going wrong. That makes assisting you much easier, though your mentions of menthol and ice automatically makes a Communist Party parade of red flags on potential muting.

Oddly, Lemon Tart has come up a few times recently, so I’m sure we can come up with a range of solutions for you.

4 Likes

I use Lemon Sicily (FA) alongside LL (TFA).
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Wicked is more cake base than lemon, so that may be the issue you are having. Adjust the bias of Cake and Crust over Lemon

5 Likes

Although I have ‘tweaked’ the recipes quite a few times they are all similar. So, this is what I mixed last time:
PG - 11g
VG - 78g
Nicotine (70/30) - 8.2g
Lemon/Lime (Capella) - 6.6g
Lemon Tart (Dinner Lady) - 4.4g
Menthol (Capella) - 5.5g
Peppermint (?) - 5.5g

I sometimes substitute the Lemon Tart with Capella Lemon Meringue Pie but still can’t get it right.
I think Jetz has probably identified the issue - but still not sure how I should adjust.

4 Likes

Well, as ever, the use of ‘ice’ is the issue.

You are massively overusing the Menthol and Peppermint in the blend: I go to the extreme heights of 0.25% of a 15% dilution of a WS when I really need to function with a throat injury or infection. I’d never consider more, if I want a blend with any degree of nuance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I didn’t have a clue so mixed roughly equal amounts of each flavour. I’ll try cutting both the menthol/peppermint flavours to 0.5g.

4 Likes

It’s ok. It is just one of those things new blenders always get wrong. But, admitting to fucking up is how we learn.

I’d suggest making the blend without them. And then, slowly increase the WSs while giving the blend at least 48 hours to rest. The two day rest is essential when adding nicotine or a cooling agent.

3 Likes

@Peter35 as @Jetz pointed out that this e liquid has more of a cake base I can recommend Inawera Lemon Cake, maybe FA Nonnas Cake or Flavorah Pound Cake with the Inawera being my first choice.

6 Likes

Thanks Lucas - I’ll get some Inawera Lemon Cake.

3 Likes

You are very welcome, I hope it works out well for you. I do agree with what @SquirrelSmash said about not adding any coolant to start with and then adjust slowly until you get it where you want it, I would even try it before you add any as you might just like it without. The Lemon cake also needs a little time to steep.
Here is a link to guide you on how to use this flavour.

3 Likes