Stop Donald Trump from signing the federal flavor ban

When the POTUS puts out a statement like that, I want to be hopeful. But he is a member of the government, so…

4 Likes

I agree but that tweet says someone is in his ear giving him proper info. A friend mentioned Sean Hannity vapes so that may be who is defending vaping?

I am sure the petition helped as well along with the calls to the White House, I did both along with a lot of vapers.

6 Likes

I don’t think Trump is different than anyone else out there, getting swept UP in the moment, reading all of the story after stories about “Vaping Killing People”, etc. Don’t know if his advisors are any different or not. I’ve actually had more than a dozen clients call or text me, nervously questioning vaping, and I calmly gave all the details, so at least some of the people who buy from me, as well as some “well meaning” family members, are up to snuff on the actual DETAILS.

I’m trying to think back (failing memory and all that), as to exactly how LONG the original, “Vaping is KILLING” story ran, uninterupted with NONE of the relevant details… Feels like it was almost 2 full weeks of that, THEN, slowly THC, Black Market, started peppering in to a FEW of the stories. Then another week went by, then the peppering of the details grew even more, with SOME mention of the Vitaman E Acetate (thickening agent) started to surface. Another week went by, and NOW, it seems the DETAILS are getting some FRONT billing.

Not only did I have to field calls/texts from clients, and family members, but I have been asked countless times out and about while vaping, so clearly the “Vaping is KILLING people” message (the ORIGINAL message) is out there, but not sure on the saturation level of the “Yeah, but they were all black market, thc, vitamin e acetate related” details.

Doesn’t matter how many people I have to tell, I will clearly, and calmly spread the info over, and over, despite it becoming repetitive. It’s ALL of our jobs to do so at this point.

6 Likes

With a whimper, not a bang … :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, I’m working VERY HARD to keep politics out of my posts on ELR. We have too much of that crap already, and it doesn’t need to get smeared all over, here as well. Leave it at the door. Trying to be fair. And, when I had been contacted by soo many people, nervously about the “dangers of vaping”, it’s no different for politicians, presidents, etc. Just reacting to the “if it BLEEDS it LEDES” press that we have these days. Some well meaning (and some not), just feeling COMPELLED to DO, or say SOMETHING. It’s a mess.

And because I’m about 102% convinced it’s the THC’ers, and the Black Market’ers we have to thank for this mess. I have NOT a lot of love for both of those groups right now. The ones who ARE to blame for this mess.

4 Likes

Perhaps unprincipled Profiteers share moral liability together with perverse Prohibitionists whose Draconian dicta have engendered such ultimately rationally avoidable dangers and harms. It is a demonstrably absurdly failed premise that any person/group can or will ever obliterate, or productively legislate, autonomous human natures regarding private conduct via farce of compulsion in Moral Culture Wars donning Medical Masks and Police Badges, wreaking avoidable societal havoc and harm upon the populace for over 100 years time.

The long “list of offenders” observably and demonstrably spans a wide spectrum of sundry socio-political cults. Such Protean self-serving scoundrels have numerous “last refuges” that shall here remain un-named.

2 Likes

And just when you think it can’t get worse with the black market THC cartridges…

PS fake science warning

3 Likes

Could you briefly summarize any substantive contents for those without the requisite video-codecs to view ?

3 Likes

The secondary messages will be tough for many who believed the original to believe.

My wife just explained a psychological phenomenon to me last night that she was studying, working on her Psych BS. Totally unrelated to vaping.

There was a study where the researchers made up a news story, with documents to back it up, also completely made up… Everyone believed the story.

Then they came out and told the participants that the story and documents were COMPLETELY fabricated for the purpose of the study. When questioned later, a whopping 75% still believed the bogus story and it was set in their minds as the truth.

Here is a related article.
THIS IS IMPORTANT, if we hope to get the truth to penetrate the people who believe the misinformation.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/misinformation-psychological-science-shows-why-it-sticks-and-how-to-fix-it.html

6 Likes

Some Utah politician wants to ban all vape juice. Went to a vape shop, bought liquid and tested them with urine strips. Found opioids, barbiturates, THC, PCP and what not. Reason for him to want to ban all liquids and only sell closed cartridges… kind of the reason why we’re in this mess.
It’s a total joke (if it was funny, but it’s real). By the way, the lab which was used distances itself from the results.

4 Likes

Probably utilizing a bogus cheap toy test-kit that might have been acquired at a similar establishment. Never overestimate the operational intelligence with which (particularly, State) legislators persuade and pontificate.

5 Likes

The test kit was probably OK, but it’s meant to test URINE, not e-liquid.

5 Likes

And that being said, if you come to unexpected conclusions doing some science experiment, you want to make sure your results are scientifically proven and not a fluke. You don’t want to create new policies on a fluke… but who cares about science these days, certainly not politicians.

6 Likes

In 1970s, a California State legislator drank a tall glass of liquid Paraquat to ostensibly prove it harmless

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As long as those stupid politicians are killing themselves. Banning vaping or vapor products is killing other people and that is crossing the line.

4 Likes

Sadly, the LD 50 (lethal 50% of the time) dose of stupidity is as high as approximately 1 kg / kg body weight.

2 Likes

ROTFL @anon28032772. I wasn’t ACTUALLY laughing, but I just didn’t know what else to say. So let’s see if I got it right. Ban everything EXCEPT “closed pod systems”, right ? So the only danger we’ve seen (thus far) is FROM closed pod systems ??

Ban everything EXCEPT the ONE thing that’s making people ill ??

Oh shit, sign me up for that kind of logic !!!

Hmmmmm, you mean you CAN’T use URINE STRIPS to test things OTHER than urine ??

God bless GG. I couldn’t have done it with a straight face.

3 Likes

LOL @Raven-Knightly, URINE TEST STRIPS !!!

2 Likes

Outstanding, DISTURBING, yet outstanding find @anon28032772.

1 Like

How embarrassed he may be when somebody tells him he should have used the trans-rectal sampler. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes