Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

Hehe @JiM210 I know the feeling.

3 Likes

Take picture and zoom in

4 Likes

That accounts for about half the pictures on my camera :rofl:

4 Likes

Is this why the better half says she needs to zoom in when I send nudesā€¦?! :dizzy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent:

6 Likes

What size bottles does this hold?

4 Likes

30m /1 ounce flavor bottles with a flat cap. .5 oz with drip tip fits as well.

3 Likes

Well I tend to test with 30mls. Though I just got 20 60mls for blends I
like.

4 Likes

5 more shelves to add to the mix.

5 Likes

A long winded sort. I tried to sort by fruit, then tobacco, then drinks and desserts at the bottom. Trying to put key concentrates on shelves and racks for the rest was draining.

11 Likes

New display ā€¦It turns I like it ā€¦

12 Likes

I didnā€™t read this first, I was looking at the picture thinking wouldnā€™t it be great if it turned :facepunch::rofl:

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Oh yeahā€¦the carousel effect. Great !!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried re-labeling bottles w/ a label maker like a Brothers? I have a hard time reading the small print on the bottles, which I have in a drawer. I tried writing the name on scotch tape and putting that on the caps, but even thatā€™s kinda hard to see. (could be I just have crappy writing) :wink:

6 Likes

I have, and it works pretty good. I use a Brother handheld label printer with vinyl labels and they stay on for quite awhile. I used to have a real problem with the Nicotine River labels becaus the ink would fade in no time, and I was having cataract issues with my eyes.

5 Likes

I tend to put a wrap of Sellotape over most labels (especially as the printed labels on printed rebottling wears off quickly). If I find them hard to spot, then I also put a hand written sticker on before I apply it.

3 Likes

You can just see the tape on the Root Beer.

It stops ink loss, like what happened here:

A blend I added a label to, in order to indicate a change (easy for my eyes to spot):

I have a named bottle and a date, then I can just look at my notes to see what it means.

7 Likes

Without issues.
Make sure that the surface of the bottle is clean and dry before you go to attach the sticker.

Iā€™ve used these for months on end without a problem.

10 Likes

I was wanting something like a Brothers label printer because what Iā€™m currently doing isnā€™t working for me. I did a variant of someoneā€™s suggestion and used cardboard strips inside a drawer to ā€œorganizeā€ my flavors. (theyā€™re not in any real order atm) I wrote the brand name and flavor name on Scotch tape and put them on the cap, hoping Iā€™d be able to read things clearly. I canā€™t. :frowning:

Would having them labeled differently help, or maybe not crowd them together so much? Iā€™m open to suggestions.

4 Likes

My inventory right now have are organized as such :

1. Categorized into 4 types of flavouring: tobacco, cake/bakery/custard, fruits and drinks.
    They are put in different boxes
  2. Split the in the box with cutouts of cardboard by brands, alphabtically
    Sorry, no pics, at the office right now
4 Likes

@FL_Vaper all I can say is what worked for me. I tried the method you are using, and as my hoard grew, it became FAR to time consuming to find what was what. I ended up using clear nail polish racks, organized by MFG, and then alphabetically. Every other attempt, added too much time to mixing.

If you WERE wed to the cardboard, in no order method, about the only thing you could do would be print a number for EACH bottle, but then youā€™d have to reference a big sheet, every mix, so youā€™d know which bottles to grab.

6 Likes