Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

@FL_Vaper Scroll up to one of my posts. Those clear plastic nail polish holders as the Cats Meow. $7.00 per if memory serves…

3 Likes

Oh, I just don’t have them organized right now. I’m the middle of doing an overhaul at home, so after labeling everything I just threw the the bottles into the slots I’d made. I have them by brand, but I didn’t take the time to alphabetize them. That will get done. I also mean to have the brands alphabetized, 'cause right now it’s all a big jumble (as if you couldn’t tell from the pic). LOL

I can’t put the bottles out using racks like many of you have because of where I live. I’m in an apartment where smoking/vaping isn’t allowed, can’t have to have everything related to it tucked away. They also aren’t too thrilled w/ anything mounted on the walls.

My big concern is being able to read the labels. Your suggestion of numbering the bottles sounds promising. That would require less alphabetization, at least. :wink:

3 Likes

Totally understood @FL_Vaper.

Here’s what I would do in that case. Either keep each MFG in it’s own shoebox, or cardboard separated area like you have. I would then number EACH bottle, and keep either a spreadsheet, or a written list. Small number stickers that can be seen from the top should be easy to come by. I say this, because if you can’t rack, you’ll go MAD, every time you go into a MFG’s area, and hand “look and see” trying to mix.

If you wanted to go crazy smart, you could let the numbers run continuous, i.e. 1-300 or whatever your max flavors are, then BEFORE you mix, you could write down, 3, 25, 55, 77 or whatever flavors you needed, and go RIGHT TO THEM. Grab, use, put back.

5 Likes

Here’s something that could work, ON the cheap. It’s only 1-100, so if you have MORE than 100 total, you could number 1-whatever PER MFG.

https://www.amazon.com/Number-Stickers-Labels-Sheets-Adhesive/dp/B07RHC37XR

Example:

Capella 1-100
Inawera 1-100
Wonder Flavors 1-100 , etc…

7 Likes

Wife asked me to clean up my desk a couple days ago. I balked. She said spend the money. $15.00 at Amazon and about 6 hours of assembly and orientation. Flavors by alphabet.

6 teir rack are $15.00 apiece. I can find my flavors almost instantly.

12 Likes

And they’re available by Subscribe & Save - extra discount! :smiley: Thanks!

3 Likes

Love the racks @rcleven !!!

@FL_Vaper you’ve already explained your situation, but the biggest advantage of racking is you can SEE before you GRAB. I’m efforting the way for YOU to be able to do that.

6 Likes

Looks great, and I’m envious as hell, but I’m not allowed to have my vape stuff out in the open. Where I live the manager inspects the apartments, so I have to hide all of my vape gear, which is a real PITA since I seem to be getting more and more of it as time goes on. If the manager were to ever look under the furniture she’d see my mods that I’ve thrown under there at the last second, just before she knocked on the door. :wink:

4 Likes

What’s her reasoning? She can control smoking but mixing is another story.

3 Likes

I’m assuming they give you the required 24 hour notice, right ?

4 Likes

Yeah, I have plenty of time to stash the majority of things, but there’s monthly (now bi-monthly due to COVID) inspections. But there is no scheduled time during the day. So I keep vaping until she knocks on the door, which is why I generally toss my mods under a chair, or something. Management’s main concern is that tenants aren’t damaging their property or breaking the rules somehow. Smoking/vaping would fall into that category. Considering the manager’s husband smokes pot, I don’t know how much of a hard-ass she’d be, but I don’t want to risk it. I can’t afford any other place locally, plus I can’t afford to move, so I outwardly play by the rules.

4 Likes

What would be my reason for mixing? As a hobby for my non-vaping needs?

3 Likes

Flavors are food products. They don’t need to be for vaping. My wife uses my creams to flavor her coffee.

5 Likes

I’ve already ordered the numbers you linked me to. They seem like the best solution to my situation. I just need to figure out how best to list all of my flavors. I’ve got a Google Sheet with all of my flavors, may as well try to use that in some way to come up w/ my master list of numbered flavors like you’ve suggested.

I think numbering 1-100 per brand is the best/most logical way to go (for me).

3 Likes

My set-up is in the corner of my living room, so I’m obv not using my flavors for food purposes.

I’d rather not do anything that could raise any eyebrows and risk causing problems for myself.

5 Likes

They legally have to give you 24 hours notice yes.sorry wrong person

3 Likes

I carry all my fav flavours with me now a days. All my lesser used are left behind. When on the road I use a pre made base. I also only really mix 10mls at a time, so super easy. No need for a scale when making 10 mls and a pre made base.

Lol and snacks of course

10 Likes

Man @Stankhammer talk about a Go Bag !!!

6 Likes

There might be a pair of socks and t shirt on the bottom to boot!

5 Likes

@Stankhammer, I must ask… What do you do bud?

5 Likes