Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

I love seeing the DIY solutions for DIY storage!

5 Likes

Wow. Some really nice setups here peeps. I am just getting started so my setup is just a small set of drawers. Knowing how crazy I get with everything I do I am planning ahead. I have ordered a couple nail polish racks and I am going to organize by flavor number. All of my bottles are labled with the flavor number used on the web site here.
For example:
TFA Dragonfruit here is
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/8535.

So my bottle has 8535 on it. (guess these numbers change so this doesnā€™t work)

It would be really nice if the calculator here had inventory control. That way when you mixed a recipe it removed the quantity from your flavor stash :blush:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s planned :wink: I call it batch control, because it will record what you mixed and will allow you to put notes along with your mix of a recipeā€¦ Donā€™t know exactly when this will be realized though, but hopefully in the not too distant future :smile:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it agin, I would hate to have to read your to-do list Lars :smile:

Nothing gets passed you brother

4 Likes

Nice. I canā€™t wait. Like I said, I am planning ahead. And I can see keeping track of inventory becoming a real pain. Quick question - do the flavor numbers stay constant on the website here? I am hoping they do. Otherwise I need to rethink my numbering system.

1 Like

You might want to re-think it :wink: At some point I will re-organize the flavorings, to help prevent all those duplicates, and actually make some things function much betterā€¦ May I suggest just creating your own ID? I do the same, and keep an Excel sheet with my inventory - it so much easier to find what you need in a hurry! :smile: See the first reply:

1 Like

I did see that. I will have to organize like you then. Care to share your spreadsheet? All I have is a tablet. I can edit them. But I have no idea how to create one from scratch.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take twoā€¦lol

3 Likes

Do you ever have anything leak in there?

How does this stirr the juice? I defiently like the heat plate idea.

@Chris_C - Not to get the topic off course, I am sending you a message.

I improved on this idea. I stuck the chopsticks into a block of flower-arranging foam. Not they donā€™t move and my bottles dry nicely! I also added toothpicks for the caps and tips.

5 Likes

In continuing with my DIY flavorings Lego style wine boxes, I was lucky enough to receive a nice size box with an operational wooden lid! I canā€™t tell you how nice that is and I donā€™t know if itā€™s just my luck or itā€™s common place but in the past 25 years I have had only 1 box that had the original lid.

So anyways I have all my juices stacked up in chests of varying sizes, some with 10 bottles all the way up to some with 100+. My point being itā€™s horrible when I want to find a specific juice and itā€™s akin to playing the game of memory, which really sucks when I donā€™t have oneā€¦

So I took the wine box and filled it with my more frequently used or advs as it were and since it came with the lid/door, it helps with any light too

The box as is

Lid partially open

Lid off and before shelving

I didnā€™t have anymore stakes left for the shelving in this one, so I temporarily cut cardboard shelves, bent a wire hanger in the shape of the shelves, took some smooth leather like gaffer/duct tape and VoilĆ ! Iā€™ll spare you the step by step pictures of all that :wink:

So now I have a fast and organized place to keep whatever and will be stacked in the ā€œlabā€

Just need to remove the shipping labels but it sure beats playing memory

10 Likes

Sorry lordvapor were did you send that message?

I sent you a private message on here 25 days ago. I will just paste it hereā€¦

I looked into getting a hot plate megnetic stirrer. There is a decent one on ebay hereā€¦ Hot Plate Magnetic Stirrer for $144.49

While researching stirrers I remembered back in my hobby days these were really handyā€¦Badger Hobby Paint Mixer

People here seem to use milk frothers a lot. But I like my paint mixer because it has a smaller blade and will fit into my flasks.

I combine all my ingredients into a 150ml flask, submerse the flask in hot water, and mix with this little mixer. It works great! And itā€™s uber cheap.

A lot of people use the paint mixer as well. I think it just depends on what they happened to get. LoL. Iā€™d probably go with a paint mixer if I had to do it over or my frother goes belly up. I had to modify it so that it would fit down in the bottles. I twisted a couple of pieces of 24ga wire and made a little whisk thing out of it. Works well, but Iā€™d rather something a little more sturdy. The wire has a tendency to bend.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t you just use a drill? Or dremel toolā€¦ Just a thoughtā€¦ I paint so shaking cans has given me enough practice. I just shake the hell out of it and throw it in to steep. I donā€™t fill my 120s so that helps my situation, 60 ml leaves enough room to shake, and isnā€™t too much liquid to mix. If I was making more I could see the reason for a mixer. Need little marbles balls we can drop in the bottles to help agitate haha

I have this small Dremel tool and adapted this air brush paint mixer for frothing my juices in a few seconds.I also have a full size dremel and itā€™s much too powerful for mixing eliquid. It broke my glass bottle.

This whisk fits down to my 15ml bottlesā€¦

I fabricated several types of whisks for different size bottles. They all will froth a mix, even with a large volume mixā€¦

11 Likes

If I mix in the bottle I just shake the hell out of it until I see lots of bubbles. With the paint mixer my liquid becomes very frothy and a solid flask of bubbles. It is just a tad too weak for mixing a 250ml flask of liquid. But if I work it around it does ok. In the 50ml and 150ml flasks it works great. I kinda wish it would fit into my 50ml dripper bottles but I do fine just shaking. Plus I get a bit of a workout which keeps me just shy of morbidly out of shape :wink:

4 Likes

My mix stationā€¦ I have pretty much memorized each flavor slot. Its not the neatest, but it works for me. Itā€™s all in alphabetical order and the boxes are grouped by vendor. I also have 2 boxes of 120 ml bottles I use to refill my small bottles.

12 Likes