Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

Nice. I can’t wait. Like I said, I am planning ahead. And I can see keeping track of inventory becoming a real pain. Quick question - do the flavor numbers stay constant on the website here? I am hoping they do. Otherwise I need to rethink my numbering system.

1 Like

You might want to re-think it :wink: At some point I will re-organize the flavorings, to help prevent all those duplicates, and actually make some things function much better… May I suggest just creating your own ID? I do the same, and keep an Excel sheet with my inventory - it so much easier to find what you need in a hurry! :smile: See the first reply:

1 Like

I did see that. I will have to organize like you then. Care to share your spreadsheet? All I have is a tablet. I can edit them. But I have no idea how to create one from scratch.

1 Like

I’ll take two…lol

3 Likes

Do you ever have anything leak in there?

How does this stirr the juice? I defiently like the heat plate idea.

@Chris_C - Not to get the topic off course, I am sending you a message.

I improved on this idea. I stuck the chopsticks into a block of flower-arranging foam. Not they don’t move and my bottles dry nicely! I also added toothpicks for the caps and tips.

5 Likes

In continuing with my DIY flavorings Lego style wine boxes, I was lucky enough to receive a nice size box with an operational wooden lid! I can’t tell you how nice that is and I don’t know if it’s just my luck or it’s common place but in the past 25 years I have had only 1 box that had the original lid.

So anyways I have all my juices stacked up in chests of varying sizes, some with 10 bottles all the way up to some with 100+. My point being it’s horrible when I want to find a specific juice and it’s akin to playing the game of memory, which really sucks when I don’t have one…

So I took the wine box and filled it with my more frequently used or advs as it were and since it came with the lid/door, it helps with any light too

The box as is

Lid partially open

Lid off and before shelving

I didn’t have anymore stakes left for the shelving in this one, so I temporarily cut cardboard shelves, bent a wire hanger in the shape of the shelves, took some smooth leather like gaffer/duct tape and Voilà! I’ll spare you the step by step pictures of all that :wink:

So now I have a fast and organized place to keep whatever and will be stacked in the “lab”

Just need to remove the shipping labels but it sure beats playing memory

10 Likes

Sorry lordvapor were did you send that message?

I sent you a private message on here 25 days ago. I will just paste it here…

I looked into getting a hot plate megnetic stirrer. There is a decent one on ebay here… Hot Plate Magnetic Stirrer for $144.49

While researching stirrers I remembered back in my hobby days these were really handy…Badger Hobby Paint Mixer

People here seem to use milk frothers a lot. But I like my paint mixer because it has a smaller blade and will fit into my flasks.

I combine all my ingredients into a 150ml flask, submerse the flask in hot water, and mix with this little mixer. It works great! And it’s uber cheap.

A lot of people use the paint mixer as well. I think it just depends on what they happened to get. LoL. I’d probably go with a paint mixer if I had to do it over or my frother goes belly up. I had to modify it so that it would fit down in the bottles. I twisted a couple of pieces of 24ga wire and made a little whisk thing out of it. Works well, but I’d rather something a little more sturdy. The wire has a tendency to bend.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just use a drill? Or dremel tool… Just a thought… I paint so shaking cans has given me enough practice. I just shake the hell out of it and throw it in to steep. I don’t fill my 120s so that helps my situation, 60 ml leaves enough room to shake, and isn’t too much liquid to mix. If I was making more I could see the reason for a mixer. Need little marbles balls we can drop in the bottles to help agitate haha

I have this small Dremel tool and adapted this air brush paint mixer for frothing my juices in a few seconds.I also have a full size dremel and it’s much too powerful for mixing eliquid. It broke my glass bottle.

This whisk fits down to my 15ml bottles…

I fabricated several types of whisks for different size bottles. They all will froth a mix, even with a large volume mix…

11 Likes

If I mix in the bottle I just shake the hell out of it until I see lots of bubbles. With the paint mixer my liquid becomes very frothy and a solid flask of bubbles. It is just a tad too weak for mixing a 250ml flask of liquid. But if I work it around it does ok. In the 50ml and 150ml flasks it works great. I kinda wish it would fit into my 50ml dripper bottles but I do fine just shaking. Plus I get a bit of a workout which keeps me just shy of morbidly out of shape :wink:

4 Likes

My mix station… I have pretty much memorized each flavor slot. Its not the neatest, but it works for me. It’s all in alphabetical order and the boxes are grouped by vendor. I also have 2 boxes of 120 ml bottles I use to refill my small bottles.

12 Likes

My wife says I need to clean my room.

20 Likes

Geez man. I thought I had a lot of flavors. Did you make those boxes?

The duct tape sides sure make 'em look like DIY boxes, I’m just curious what he’s made the dividers with. Looks like maybe he found a use for all his old kanthal? :wink:

2 Likes

It’s very stiff wire I got from work. Weaving was the key for it to hold it’s shape and being very sturdy. I use the duct tape to cover the sharp edges from the wire.

2 Likes