Strange things in my home made e liquid

hello everyone, I have a question to ask about a liquid that I made the 6th of October and I don’t know what to do with it … throw it away or use it after its steep time, I would have liked it with a photo attached but I don’t know how to place it here.
the e liquid is a simple tobacco flavor with RYO (Mom pop flavers) with Caramel from (flavorfactory) to here no problem I think, but the problem is that my liquid contains many (black) impurities that hang around in the bottle and so I not sure what to do with it, so my question is whether a colleague Dyer already had such a problem and what he did with it?
Greetings from Ostend
Django55
Ps: if this question is not here, please place it somewhere where it should be, and sorry for my poor English
DJ55

found how to upload photos:sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s hard to tell what it is, just by looking at the photo. Could be some plastic debris that was in your bottle, could be crystallization from your flavor components, could be bacteria or whatever else.
Do you have experience making this mix? Does it usually happen when you use these flavors? Do you keep your stuff in a cooled environment (like a fridge or freezer)? Do you wash your bottles before use?
Can you filter out the particles, keep steeping and see if the stuff grows back & try to see if you can make out what the particles are?

3 Likes

hello suomynona,
it is the first time that I make this mix, the bottle was clean, and I have the good habit of cleaning everything before I make a new liquid (usually with alcohol or plain water) it is the first time that I work with this flavor (RYO) this does not happen with my other tobaccos, I put my finished liquid’s in a cupboard that I got from my other half you (you are using)
I will purify my e liquid tomorrow and add it to another bottle, and see what happens to it
Greetings
DJ55

3 Likes

I have no idea, but I’ll tell you that in 3 years of mixing I’ve never seen that in either a mix or a flavor bottle. I’d dump it and try again. Then work from there.

7 Likes

Is the RYO tobacco flavor, a NET extraction? If so, the suspended particles may be bits of tobacco that happened to get past the filter, in the process. Just a possibility.

Re-filter it through a coffee filter, and see if you can identify the particles caught in the filter.

If you are positive it was totally free of particles when you mixed it, and they appeared during the steeping process, then it’s anyone’s guess what they might be.

3 Likes

+1 on that. There are flavors that still have tiny particles in it and if you buy your flavors from a reputable vendor, they usually say so on the product page. For example this one below:

3 Likes

Thanks for that @anon28032772. I just got the Bourbon in last week :yum: Cheers.

4 Likes

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

If you are looking for that flavor that actually tastes like a commercial cigarette than this is it. You don’t get the burn taste but it is very similar to commercial cigarettes.

Disclaimer: I don’t personally like this one, but saw that people wanted that commercial cigarette taste and that is exactly what this reminded me of. It is made with tobacco extract. Of course, taste is subjective.

2 Likes

this is all I can find on the MOM POP site

1 Like

I need to look closer, at the labels. I never noticed that before. With my 65 year old eyes, I don’t go looking for the fine print…lol. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’d keep part of it unfiltered, part of it filtered and test both samples. It may be that filtering your liquid removes the good parts of your flavor too… While steeping, I’d try and read up on the flavors you’ve used and see if this is a common issue.
It may just be that it’s a natural particle in the flavor that doesn’t really harm you, but of course, it could be something else too :thinking:
What you do with it depends a bit on how worried this makes you and how much you value your life :rofl: But seriously, I’d try to find out more info about it and definitely make sure it’s not just plastic particles. Molten plastic in your coil doesn’t give you a good vape for sure.

2 Likes

You can always contact the vendor and ask them too… they know their product best.

3 Likes

It sounds like it is, in fact, a tobacco extraction (NET). I’d try to re-filter it, and then use your best judgement and decide if you’re good to go.

I’ve done a few NETs in the past, and used a vacuum pump to help speed up the filtering process. It can be painfully slow, letting gravity do the work. The negative pressure of the vacuum pump can help speed it up. It’s a fine line though. Too much negative pressure can cause some of the extraction to find it’s way under the edge of the filter, and you end up with some unfiltered particles.

Try the paper coffee filter, and let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

3 Likes

thank you men, i am now working on the paper coffee filter, is a bit of a long time work but i will definitely report the progress here.

3 Likes

4 Likes

M&P Tobaccos do have some bits, especially American Blend. Dont filter them all out, just use a filter when you pour from your bottle.

3 Likes