Strawberry custard

I’m looking at making my first Strawberry custard and I would like some help I can

This is what I am using
Strawberry ripe CAP
Sweet strawberry CAP
Vanilla Custard v1 CAP

I was thinking of mixing
4%
1%
3%

Would this sound like a good starting point or a disaster.

5 Likes

Looks good as a starting point Might try 4-2-5%. I like the custard to come through. My taste is of course different than yours.
I mix fruit custards different than most people. I make a flavor base different for the fruit and a different custard base and a separate vanilla base. Then mix and match depending on my mood.

9 Likes

It is a good starting point. I don’t have a strawberry ripe cap, but the percentages seem solid. I suggest you mix 10-15 ml. and try if you like it, and adjust percentages.

7 Likes

Worth a try…
I was never a fan of really strong flavours.
I know flavour is personal to everyone but it’s nice to get some feedback.

4 Likes

OK
Just mixed up my flavours at 4%/1%/3% and I can tell this is going to replace my strawberry milkshake as my all day vape. The flavour is amazing.
The only problem is that the custard is more prominent then the strawberry. I would like the strawberry to come more to the front so I have 2 options open to me.
I can increase the strawberry from 4% to 6%
Or decrease the custard from 3% to 2%

I will let it steep for 2- 4 weeks before deciding I suppose.

4 Likes

if you have the stuff = make 3 or more bottles. use one after 2 days, one after a week, then 2 weeks, etc. i shake my bottles many times the day i make them.

2 Likes

Just another thought: or make it 4:3:3

3 Likes

I think adding 3% of sweet strawberry would make the mix way to sweet.
Strawberry can be difficult to get right but when you do… wow

3 Likes

@Av8_Vape did you mean Strawberry Ripe TPA ??

Either way, that’s a great starting point, BUT, your custard to strawberry ratios/desires can only be decided by you. Some people like more strawberry, others more custard. If you meant TPA Strawberry Ripe, it’s somewhat weak as compared to many other strawberries, and it best used (as you did) to spike the bright finish, and use other SB’s to bolster the entire SB.

3 Likes

Capella have strawberry ripe too, sd

4 Likes

Well I don’t mean to split hairs here, but exact names CAN make a huge difference.

I use TPA Strawberry Ripe daily, and many times using CAP’s Sweet Strawberry to boost the main SB notes. I’m not sure which the OP was talking about.

3 Likes

Ah, ok. I see what you mean.

1 Like

Hehe, again @delltrapp I don’t mean to split hairs here, but as you know, the NAME or FLAVOR can make a HUGE difference on recommendations. I find that 3:1 / 2:1 Strawberry Ripe : Sweet Strawberry works pretty good as a starting point.

1 Like

As my other post I mix bases. I mix a Strawberry trinity basically at a 6% TPA Ripe - 3% CAP Sweet 1.5 INW Shisha Strawberry. The Ripe over rides any sweetness from sweet. If I get bold I’ll add .5 Cap Dragonfruit.

3 Likes

Look good I would pump that Sweet Sb up to 2 at least

3 Likes

I would drop the strawberry % doooown: strawberry is a pretty prominent flavour that’ll easily overpower the custard completely

2 Likes

Those strawberries will not become stronger over a few weeks, if anything they’ll diminish. The custard will, so save yourself some time and just remix it.

5 Likes

The only advice I can give on this topic is that it always takes a while for these particular flavors to blend so make sure you mix enough so you can try it fresh, after 2 weeks or so and again after at least 6 weeks. Also, the CAP strawberry gets a bit of an artificial taste when overdosed.

I became taste blind to strawberry when I used it as an ADV. Now I can taste it again but it wears off really quickly.

4 Likes

Inawera custard 1
Cap sweet strawberry 4
Inw shisha strawberry .5
Flavorah cream .5

Is what I am vaping right now. I think the strawberry needs to go up a small amount and it probably has more to do with my bottle being over 2 years old.

5 Likes

I would get some INW Shisha Strawberry & put it in there as well. A stronger, more authentic strawberry like that will really balance out the sweeter, more candy type ones you’re using currently.

7 Likes