Strawberry SC

You should be able to sleep at least halfway better tonight, as I took care of the capitalization issue. As well as some dupes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(I can’t do anything about the manufacturer reference info though.)

3 Likes

I noticed last night. Thank you for your help and I was only joking about the sleeping part. I guess it was my way of trying to emphasize the importance.
That being said I really do need to let go of that whole syntax/naming thing. There are better things in life that should drive me nuts! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Nah, We need help keeping the database straight. With all the goofy names folks add it just makes it that much more difficult to find the much needed info we seek. Not all of us are mixologists with a vast knowledge of every flavoring available!!

4 Likes

Agreed. Keeping it straight helps noobs like me find the right info and decreases the likelihood of me selecting the wrong flavour names. :+1:

2 Likes

I hear you. And I truly wish there were people that would back me up for doing what I do on the recipe side. Having a vast knowledge of every flavoring available is a bit over the top. But there needs to be more people with at least a good understanding of the common flavor names that can help stay on top of these folks and educate them. When browsing recipes and you see something not right, say something to them!
//rant_off

5 Likes

It doesn’t help that vendors do not always label the flavors the same. Red touch FA is a good example. My bottle simply says strawberry. I have several bottles with just the fruit labeled rather than the flavors actual title. Ended up with some doubles thinking I had ordered the wrong version of the fruit.

5 Likes

I’m with you there! I really, really, want to see the DB tidied up, as do most of us, and have posted some serious posts about syntax before for that very reason. My post was only half-joking…

and “Strawberry SC” really is a misleading title for this thread. It will surely pull in people who are looking for Stawberry (SC) tasting notes, reviews etc. who will then go away all disappointed. Not that i care all that much . I’m sure they’ll get over it. :laughing: But pulling the folk who are willing to think before they type (and who possibly just bought some other SC flavour) might have been more pointful

Honestly when I start a thread, which is somewhat rare, I don’t sit and ponder if it’s title will present as misleading or not. “Should I put SC in front of Strawberry or SC after Strawberry? Will it make a difference?” That would take hours. But I also don’t title my shit willy-nilly either.
My concerns were for the Strawberry SC concentrate I purchased. So it made sense to me to title it as such. If people looking for tasting notes go away disappointed then that’s on them. No doubt they would do better looking in the Flavor Tasting Notes sub-category. That’s why it’s there.
My purpose was to gather info and hopefully get some resolution in terms of this damnable naming nightmare, which I did.

3 Likes

OK, I’m certainly not trying to start an argument, I was just trying to explain the reasoning behind my previous post, for fear might have appeared to be over-facetious, or even mistaken for piss-taking .
Besides, you missed out the bit directly after your quote where i said

Thus making me feel like I’ve now blundered in the opposite direction, and dug a deeper hole for myself.
My original comment was light-hearted, but was taking the piss out of myself, if anybody.
I’d like to see a “naming convention” thread about SC in general and (same for other less popular brands that i do, or might use) cos, you never know, people might use the right syntax in the first place if they knew what it was, thus saving the mods a lot of clearing -up and others a lot of confusion, This clearly isn’t it, never gonna be it; and high time this thread was allowed to rest in peace.
I just wanted to get out of it without leaving any any bad feelings, behind. But looks like I’ve blown that. Sorry. I should not have intruded in first place,

Man talk about being on different pages. It’s funny because I read your first comment and it didn’t make much sense to me. I glossed over so it wasn’t given a second thought TBH. But I didn’t get anything negative or facetious tones from it either. But with your followup comment had me feeling like I had to explain why I started the thread. Truth be told my reply was written before I had my morning coffee, so if there’s a cranky tone to it that be why.

And now… Ahh…I dunno what else to put out there. I’m good, no butt-hurts on this end. Hopefully none on your end either. And there’s a huge difference between intruding on a topic and contributing to it. You didn’t intrude. :hugs:

2 Likes