Stuck Screw

Oh my gosh…if I stab myself in the thumb one more time with this blasted little screw driver I think I’m going to chunk something across the room. LoL. So, my PV came in the mail today and I was sooo excited. But…I can’t get one of the screws to budge to save my flippin life. I was only planning on putting in one coil anyway, which I will proceed with…but what if I want to do 2? Any suggestions from you pros in these matters on how in the world I can get this thing out without stripping it, or at least without having to cut something?

Is it sitting crooked on the post? You might try pliers and rocking it back and forth without too much force, but if it’s really in there, you might strip it. If you can squeeze a little cooking oil on the threads that might help as well. If you can get a decent screwdriver you can try twisting it back and forth a little and see if it works loose. Those little blue screw drivers are kind of useless in my opinion. The metal is too soft/rounded to get a decent grip. Wish I could help more but it’s hard when you’re dealing with little screws.

2 Likes

I think I’ve got another screwdriver around here that will work. I’ll have a go at it tomorrow. Worst case scenario, it came with four more screws…if I strip one I’ve got spares. :wink: Thanks!

Try putting it in the freezer for a couple of minutes… :smile:

3 Likes

I would suggest getting a good (real) screwdriver. Those POS blue ones that are included pretty much suck. You’ll end up stripping out the head before ya get it loose. DAMHIK

5 Likes

Hey @JoJo yeah use a different screwdriver.

Get yourself something like this.

Great for wrapping your coils around too.

Make sure you’ve soaked your RDA’s in alcohol and scrubbed them clean after you’ve taken your post screws out because a lot of machine oil can be in the posts and on the screws.

J

2 Likes

Yeah…so I guess I didn’t do that very well. Put on my nice coil, soaked the wick with yummy PB Banana, and nearly died it was so awful. I’m guessing I didn’t clean it well enough. It kinda tasted like rotten peanuts and spoiled bananas. I was seriously concerned that just a day too long steeping ruined the juice, but I tried it in the magma and it was fine. Definitely the PV. LoL. Time to wash again and see if I can get the screw out. :smile:

2 Likes

Lol been there.

Done that.

Almost puked!!!

J

3 Likes

Woo hoo! I finally got it out. I wound up having to use my wire clippers to get a grip on it underneath the screw head. I tried using pliers and another screwdriver and couldn’t get it to budge. I scratched up the post a little and totally stripped the screw, but the new one went in fine.

Got it washed, coiled, and wicked and I’m lovin’ it. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. :smile:

2 Likes

Now is the time you start to show off your rda coil builds in my thread @JoJo come on missy don’t be shy.

We’ll get you to be the best female coil builder here on ELR within no time.

@NewDrip we have a new apprentice.

Ring a ding ding class is in session.

CMJ

1 Like

Hahaha I’m not quite there yet, but I’ll let you know. I’m still working on building my wire collection. :wink:

1 Like

Like I’ve said initially in the beginning of thread even a single 28g or dual 28g build can be pretty if it’s clean and lined up beautifully.

Get in on the thread and watch your progress over the up coming few weeks.

If I hadn’t become buds with @NewDrip my coil wrapping wouldn’t be anywhere near where it is today.

And remember I’ve only been wrapping coils for about 8 or so weeks. X

CMJ

2 Likes

I would suggest, putting the screwdriver in the slot, hit it lightly with a hammer or something. Just make sure the base is on a flat surface and don’t use a lot of force.