Substitute flavors

Can I substitute flavors in a recipe? Meaning the recipe calls for cap vanilla custard but I only have tpa vanilla custard are the different companies interchangeable?
Thanks

3 Likes

They’re not perfectly interchangeable, but you’re certainly able to substitute. I do it all the time. If you click the blue wrench and click “Adapt this” you can input the flavors that you have and remove the ones that are there. Just know that what you mix isn’t going to be 100% like the originator intended. If you do substitute, check on the flavor information pages of what you have to see what a standard mixing % is, as some brands (like Inawera and FlavourArt) are much stronger than others.

8 Likes

Thank you so much jojo

2 Likes

As @JoJo said they are not completely interchangeable. In the case of substituting Cap Vanilla Custard, well, most everyone seems to think Cap Vanilla Custard is the best so it may not taste quite as good as the original recipe. However, by no means does it mean that your recipe with the substituted flavor would not taste good. Another thing to consider, sometimes a substitute is a improvement, for instance substituting TFAs Butterscotch with FW Butterscotch. By far FWs Butterscotch is the better flavor. One of the things we try to stress most to those just starting out blending juice is taste is subjective. One’s taste buds do not always agree with another’s taste buds. That being said keep in mind that the most important person to please with your blending efforts is you. Feel free to experiment, substitute, whatever floats your boat. Again as @JoJo says, if you substitute, check the recommended mixing percentages by clicking on the flavors of the recipe. If you get bold and want to try something like replacing a flavor with something completely different just keep a eye on the Flavor Pairing thread to get a idea of whether the flavors pair well together. Happy blending…

8 Likes

You guys are great thanks

2 Likes