Substitute for ooo cornbread?:/

Hi i wonder if someone know what to use instead of cornbread in a recipe i like i dont have the cornbread.in the recipe it requires 1% cornbread… offcourse it is best to use cornbread but i dont got it. So your thoughts.? It is the fried birthdaycake recipe from developed=)

4 Likes

FW yellow cake may be a descent alternative

4 Likes

It’s going to be tricky @min0, as that cornbread stands alone in the corn flavors. @fidalgo_vapes had a good tip.

4 Likes

You can use Sweet Corn Concentrate - Natures Flavors

3 Likes

Cornbread is a fairly specific flavor. I’d recommend you just buy it and mix according to the recipe.

4 Likes

Thank you guys for all your kind and usefull answers im gonna buy it and i have tested white fw yellow cake but idont know im not 100% satisfied.and i tried with zeppola that mix smells little beter we will se=)

2 Likes

Ever since that scene in The Green Mile where they’re eating cornbread Tom Hanks wife made, I have really wanted to try actual corn bread made however American wives/mothers make it.

Don’t give a fuck about eliquid corn-bread, but it’s triggered that memory of wanting to try the real thing.

Godamnit.

Does it go by some other name we might know outside the states?

1 Like

if you can get this, or something just like it. just add some sugar. its like cornbread cake = yummmmmm.

and then a much different kind = my grandmother was from Memphis, half/whole hillbilly ?. she made skillet cornbread when i was a kid = yummmm

2 Likes