Substitute Pyure for sucralose

Simply as an FYI to all, and especially for the unfamiliar…

Pyure is just a product name, and comes in different forms, and with different ingredients.

As we already use so many acronyms in vaping, it is easy for someone, especially new,
to be misled into using the wrong actual product.Some definition should be included, such as an acronym
like Pyure LS, meaning (L)iquid (S)tevia, or Pyure PSE, meaning §owdered (S)tevia (E)xtract if you make your own stone. Pyure is usually sold at walmart in liquid, granulated, and powder…which should you NOT use?
Example:
You can usually find pyure at walmart.

Pyure powdered stevia = Ingredients: maltodextrin, organic reb A (stevia extract), natural flavor

Pyure granular stevia = Ingredients: organic erythritol, organic reb A (stevia leaf extract),

Pyure liquid stevia = Ingredients: water, organic stevia leaf extract (REB A), organic apple cider vinegar, citric acid

Pyure powdered stevia = Ingredients: organic stevia leaf extract (REB A)

The preferred pyure [Pyure] referred to on ELR is the 26ml bottle of liquid, although I also make a stone using the pure powder that has no additives.

The liquid is hard to dispense from the original bottle, as mentioned above in this thread. The best usage is to re-bottle it, and then use a MICROLITER syringe, not to be confused with a 1ml syringe, or an insulin syringe.

The stone can be made using one teaspoon of pure powder to 30ml of VG or PG, then mix very well.

You can make a stone with or without the apple cider vinegar and citric acid[lime or lemon juice will work], depending if you use it with fruits or other non-fruit mixes. I just make both.

7 Likes

I think the Liquid Pyure Stevia from walmart is the best, anything that has maltodextrin or erythritol may not be one I’d choose. The powder is good but you have to mix it. The liquid is best because it is a challenge to drip it from the plastic bottle into the juice bottle, so it makes mixing more interesting.

2 Likes

why is erythritol a problem??? is it the mixture ??? because erythritol by itself ciuld be used as sweetener

2 Likes

great info Ozo,I have toying with the idea of using stevia as I am getting a bit sick of Sucralose gunking up coils and muting flavours the only thing stopping me has been an instance where Sweetleaf stevia made me rather ill last year, but that was drinking it so I’m gonna take the risk i think…however… seeing as over this side of the pond we simply can’t get hold of Pyure I was just wondering, would an Organic pure Stevia liquid do the job? I’m asking a bit late seeing as i have already ordered some :confused: but I was gonna give this a whirl

what do you think?

1 Like

Hi @ozo…is there a difference in what mixes you use each stone in? I guess I am trying to ask are there recipes you would use the one with apple cider vinegar and lime juice over the one that is just plain stevia, and if so, what is the difference? what qualities will that one add that the other one won’t and how do you know which you should use in each recipe?

It’s prob alright, it just looked like a additive that is not stevia and isn’t the primary ingredient. Actually it may make the stevia better and sweeter. What I was going on is avoid stevia that has a lot of odd additives. I find my stevia actually to not be sweet at all, all I taste is the vinegar and citric so it has a strong sour taste. for me it does not seem to make my juice sweet it does seem to make the fruits more pronounced.
here is wiki for erythritol

here is the wiki for Sucralose

here is the wiki for Sucrose

@Pugs1970
It looks fine, and appears to be from the leaf, which is the best. The only thing I see missing is it’s not listed as organic, which is just my preference, but in your situation it will work.

@SunnyT
I use the plain stevia in mixes like bakery or nutty bases.
I use the stevia with ACV and Lime in mixes that are fruit bases.

3 Likes

Ah…okay…makes sense since citric acid makes fruits pop! Thanks for the info!

Thanks man :wink:

Erythritol naturally occurs in fruits and plants as they are digested [fermented] in the small intestine, and is readily available in grapes and melons.
Some think erythritol has a cooling effect, and it is endothermic [if not pre-dissolved], but that just means that it will cool down a hot beverage when adding it…faster than say, sugar will. Others still experience a cooling effect like weak Koolada.
Some think it will caramelize when vaped, because it’s a ‘sugar’, but it will not caramelize when vaped.

It is only 67% as sweet as sucrose [sugar], whereas stevia is 300%.

Here is a good read, albeit food related :

http://xylitolfresh.com/xylitol_blog/?p=19

1 Like

I have nothing against Pyure except it’s being unavailable at my store(s). I found this on the shelf and it’s organic Stevia in VG …unsure of availability in Europe …check it

https://www.nowfoods.com/natural-foods/betterstevia-liquid-glycerite

1 Like

I ordered mine thru Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Pyure-Organic-Stevia-Liquid-Drops/dp/B014H58816/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=V2T16DAECKJ3G057ZF9Y&th=1

I was going to reorder a bottle of stevia today, and I was in doubt about the ingredients!
On my last order, the website informs me that the bottle I ordered has been discontinued, and another bottle appears in which the ingredients are not described as the first!
Who recently ordered, did you notice that?

Old bottle:
https://www.iherb.com/pr/pyure-brands-organic-liquid-stevia-extract-0-9-fl-oz-26-ml/72090

Recent bottle:
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Pyure-Organic-Liquid-Stevia-Sweetener-Simply-Sweet-1-8-fl-oz-53-ml/77141

Now I do not know if I should order this … :neutral_face:

the old bottle is what i have , what ingredients have been addded or taken away ?

1 Like

In the old bottle says: Organic apple cider vinegar and citric acid, and in the recent bottle says only: water

1 Like

People recommended the old formula for fruit vapes because it contained citric and malic acid.
So if the new formula is just pure stevia wouldn’t that be better for everything in general then?

For the reason that they have modified, I ordered the powdered Pyure, and the citric acid and the vinegar, and I am going to make the Chewy clone :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t remember who it was, but i saw someone had made two bottles of stevia.
One with the acids for fruit vapes, and one without for everything else.
Seems like a nice solution. They didn’t post a recipe though.

I I suppose if we add 96% of PG, or distilled water from the pharmacy, to 4% of Stevia, which already has a good additive for creamy recipes :yum:

Is Stevia your favorite sweetener? :slightly_smiling_face: