Substitutes for cap in tpa

Hi all I was wondering if anyone knows if there are similiar specific concentrates to Capella in the Tpa brand … Like cinammon Danish swirl…and How much of a difference would it make if sub that for that in a recipie??
I guess I mean how would that go for all brands…
Thanks

4 Likes

Oh yes, there are “similar” concentrates and it makes a big difference and no difference at all. :rofl: (laughing at my self).

Example; I was (still am) on the hunt for a blue razz and a blueberry that would “make” my blue razz recipe. I purchased, so far, 13 different blueberries and 6 blue razz, blue razz candy, cotton candy, taffy, etc.

I am sure someone will tell you which TPA concentrate is closest to Cappella’s CDS. It will make a difference but that doesn’t mean it won’t be good.

good luck

7 Likes

Yup. I agree with @Dan_the_Man. There is similar but not the same.

Here is an example. Kiwi fa and kiwi double tpa. It’s a kiwi flavor. They are “similar” but not the same. So for subbing one for another, yeah you can’t make an exact recipe as intended by the creator.

To that end, I believe in concepts. You find a kiwi strawberry mix…sure, go ahead and sub that kiwi but the end result won’t be as intended. It may be better or not and adjustments will be needed. However the concept of blending strawberry and kiwi is a good mix and dashing in a bit of jelly/gummy/or other candy help will make a good vape.

5 Likes

The original Blue Raspberry in the candy/beverage world was just an artificial Raspberry with Blue #1 to make it blue instead of red. This may be the confounding culprit!

6 Likes

Also, a butt ton of “sour” which is, dam[n] near impossible to duplicate in vapor. I got lucky on the raspberry front and found what I liked very early on.

5 Likes

thanks i would like to ask if anyone can suggest a substitute to cap’s cake batter to something from tpa… would appreciate any suggestions.
thx

3 Likes

Pray tell what raspberry?

4 Likes

Totally nothing to do with this topic, but I would like to recommend two flavors.

(Wf) sour blue raspberry and in my opinion when it comes to blueberries (FlavourRevolution) Blueberry.

None of that is actually sour, but the blue raspberry does have a good tardness too it. I personally think it is the most “accurate” blue ras on the market, currently. If there’s such thing because we all know it’s not a “real” fruit growing on a “real” bush/tree lol.

@ethan_diy, while as pointed out, most flavor houses differ in their flavors, even if named the same, it’s very obvious when it comes to tpa and cap.

Both companies however are very forgiving, at least with most of their flavors. Tpa uses a lot of EM, vanillin, binders, emulifiers, thickeners and what not, making most of their flavorings nearly impossible to be substituted and vice versa.

Not saying you cant, but not only is the effect of the concentrate different in a mix, but also the flavor itself unless you are let’s say vanillin too it and so on.

Cap has a similar problem, but theirs is more based on taste, because most of the flavors have this cheap and artificial vanilla or the extreme butter/vomit note, that’s hard to duplicate or even to find. As well as them mostly “staying” on top of a mix, rather than mix/blend into it.

You would have to get both flavors and compare them yourself, in my opinion, there’s not a “similar” or “the same” or “close enough” flavor in either one of these flavor houses. There are some other brands that have similarities to cap and tpa tho.

Sorry man, I’m sure not what you wanted to hear :frowning:

4 Likes

I dont think TPA have cake batter type flavor. If you dont mind using flavor west, they have cake batter dip. Or pound cake from flavorah which will give you “dense” cake type flavor.

2 Likes

This is the raspberry I use in my blue razz recipe. I also use it when I want more of an “earthy” raspberry. Meaning it’s not as “bright” as most other raspberry concentrates.

NicVape - Dark Raz

3 Likes

Brother there are a couple of choices that come to mind to help you out.
FW Blue Raspberry combined with RF (SC) Blue Razz is about the best you will get to the blue raspberry flavors. I use that in combination with (FA) Forest fruit to come very close to a Lunar Harvest exact clone. (If not better.)

Now my ultimate Blueberry are the following MF Blueberry and TFA Wild Blueberry are just sublime when it comes to Blueberry.

6 Likes

Believe it or not, I agree. Though, I also like to add RF Blue Razz Sour Candy to that mix. The problem I have is that I have a hell of a time finding the sour candy and it really pisses me off that RF only sells it in 16 oz which I could never afford and I have yet to find another company that sells the sour candy.

So I went looking for another combination… That has been a bust, so far, so I think I’ll just break down and get the 16 oz.

Thanks for reminding me that I like that Combo.

4 Likes

Check Bull City Flavors. They might have it for you or may be able to order some for you.
@BullCityFlavors You think you might be able to help out @Dan_the_Man with a RF Blue Razz Sour Candy order?

3 Likes

Hey thanks for all the feedback really appreciate it…

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity … what’s with the fixation on TPA?
I agree they have a couple (very) decent flavors and they’re probably cheap per ml of concentrate (not the same as cheap per ml of e-juice), but overall, they score kinda low IMO.

2 Likes

To some I think there is a cost to production ratio. Others like myself do tend to use them a lot. Their Dragonfruit to me is very good along with the Wild Blueberry. I am not saying they are the best, but bang for your buck and production costs they are kind of hard to beat. watermelons are not bad either. Are they true flavors, not by any means. They are decent though. In my opinion a lot of the juice companies out there use them heavily to keep costs down.

3 Likes

I did say they have some very good flavors, I have quite a collection myself and some of them are really difficult to substitute.

This is very debatable though. From my experience, most of the recipes that heavily rely on TPA come out a lot more expensive per ml of vapable e-juice than e.g. FA-heavy recipes, simply because most TPA flavors aren’t very strong concentrates.

To each his own, everybody has a different taste, different things they focus on. I was just curious to know what the OP’s reasoning is. Personally I think most vendors have at least a few concentrates that are worth buying.

3 Likes

If he’s in a country in asia/africa, it maybe because it’s the easiest ones to get.

5 Likes

Yes I’m in the middle east and price wise is much easier for me.

1 Like

Besides they really are pretty good…

1 Like