Success for first time mix/some what

Greetings,

Please forgive me if I sound stupid, but I see a box there labelled “Water/Vodca/PGA”. Now I am an occasional drinker, but but I have never considered vaping alcohol. Is that seriously suggesting that somebody would put a fairly strong alcoholic beverage into their vape?

Best regards

4 Likes

just out of curiosity which flavors are you dumping from LB ? @Tim317

3 Likes

Some people back in the day used to dilute their mixes with vodka, by now people switched to distilled water. Or some still doing it there’s the option so nobody feels left out lol.

Some flavors contain alcohol and I see a lot of people putting it in that box, nothing to do with that, that’s totally different.

4 Likes

Especially people who have an allergy or sensitivity to PG, they mix their juices with Max VG or 100%VG. VG isn’t as good a flavor carrier as PG, so some use distilled water and/or (small amounts) of vodka to get a more flavor and make their juice a bit thinner.

There are a couple threads on the forum about the use of it. Just use the search function and look for vodka

3 Likes

Greetings Suomynona, and thank you so much for educating me on that. I didn’t know that people might be allergic to PG, especially when it is used as a preservative in most canned foods, so I guess no canned foods for them, right?

I will look for a thread on mixing alcohol with E-Liquid

Thanks a lot for your input.

4 Likes

I think this is the most popular and informative one out there…

3 Likes

I don’t know about that… there are many applications with PG, but vaping exposes people to much larger amounts than regular people come in contact with I assume.
Quite a few vapers report stuff like rashes, burning/scratchy air ways and stuff like that. It’s a real thing.

3 Likes

Not sure about others, but I’m PG sensitive, I don’t use vodka in my high VG juices. I also don’t have issues with it in my normal life, with products containing pg.

But every time I vape it, I can’t breath, my throat starts hurting real bad and giving me soar throat symptoms, even a days after I vapes it. As well as giving me nearly an instant migraine and nausea.

I’m not at the point were I need too vape max VG, I can go as low as 75/25 but after 5ml I’ll get the effect stated above. No issues with higher VG tho, or max. I also don’t buy VG based flavors, but VG based nic. Just have to be careful that’s all, but nothing that needs strictly to be avoided for me.

2 Likes

Greetings eStorm,

Please forgive me if I sounded accusational in my last post. I said in another thread that I am new here and I am looking to start making my own E-liquids.

The reason I asked the question was that I didn’t understand why somebody would use an alcoholic beverage in their juice.

Again, thank you for educating me.

2 Likes

46.33% VG, 27% PG, 6% nicotine (36Mg/G) and 10% flavouring.I don’t understand LB. Please define?

2 Likes

Last reply wa to fidalgo_vapes.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Im sorry im still a little lost. I know to put in the desired strength. Ok now I have 48mg pg based nicotine so what do I put in the nic strength and what do I put in the pg content of nic?

1 Like

Desired strength is your goal, meaning whatever you want it to be at the end. That’s what you want too vape, not what stands on the nic bottle!

Nicotine strength is the number that stands on your bottle. In your case 48, put that in the box.

Pg content of nicotine is the base of your nic, since you said yours is pg based set it to 100.

Since its pg based and not includes any VG, set VG content of nic. to 0%

Do not click the ready to vape base, leave it as is and save to default. Next time you click create, these numbers will be applied automatic, and you won’t have to worry, unless you make changes.

From there you can add flavors on the bottom, hope it helps.

2 Likes

I totally understand now. Thank you very much. I will give it a shot.

1 Like

I got such a brilliant tip from one of DIY or DIE’s videos. Once your mix is ready, put it into a bowl of boiling water and leave it there for a few minutes, and then shake or stir it up.It makes the VG much thinner and it makes it easier to mix.

Edit: Edited out my crappy grammer.

Awesome thanks for the tip.

This is the first kit/DIY supplies i ever purchased. I was not impressed with any of the LB flavors i recieved(vanilla icecream is delicious though)!
In the end, i was able to learn the basics of mixing while using this kit. I also loved the mixing mat and still use it for calculations today!
Happy vaping! :dash::dash:

1 Like

I actually attached my mixer to a drill as the body of mine broke. It was messy. And entertaining :joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Laura5 yes I was thinking the same thing looks like I’m going to be looking into a heated magnetic mixer I’ve got people hitting me up left and right and if it keeps up their going to have to start paying me.

2 Likes