SUCRALOSE...... What EXACTLY are we dealing with?

Ok folks. I have been researching sucralose for 2 days now. I was trying to figure out a way to get it without having to order from a shop. I know its cheap etc etc but thats not the point of this thread.

As I looked into it, I decided to just grab CAP Super Sweet in the mean time. Which (what i thought) was supposed to be 20% sucralose. Then after ordering it, i learned it has water, sucralose, citric acid, sodium citrate, potassium sorbate, and sodium benzoate. (Its all written on the bottle apparently)

hmmm. That sucks. I just wanted sucralose… SO I go to Capellas website for clarification. Capella says its the liquid version of its sister… “Splenda” Whenever I say Sucrlose, Splenda was in brackets right beside it…

Hmmm. So, Splenda is the powder form of sucralose. BUT… then i go check out Splenda and whats in it… heres whats in splenda…

Splenda usually contains 95% dextrose (D-glucose) and maltodextrin (by volume) which the body readily metabolizes, combined with a small amount of mostly indigestible sucralose. Sucralose is made by replacing three select hydrogen-oxygen groups on sucrose (table sugar) molecules with three chlorine atoms.

ok. A small percentage of indigestible sucralose.

Heres my point… why is Capella saying that super sweet is the liquid form of Splenda? It clearly is not.

The more I learn, the more my guard is going up. We have to be very careful. Big Buisiness will eventually get thier greasy fuckin fingers in vaping if they havent already.

In the end… I have CAP super sweet. 120 mils coming. Im such a retard man. I should have just got pure sucralose powder from e cig xpress. Fuck.

Anyway food for thought.

Kirk Out

4 Likes

i believe in time you will stop using sucralose , most people do , marshmallow is my main sweetener and a lot of times the creams and flavors have enough of a sweet taste to satisfy me and most people i make juice for

5 Likes

Yes I agree. But for now I sure would like to try it. :smiley: Much obliged on the info about Marshmella…

2 Likes

remember if your making a recipe that calls for 1 pct sucralose try the super sweet at half that

3 Likes

These are naturally occurring antimicrobial compounds; used as a preservative. They stop the water from going eww :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right. Sucralose is not the same as Splenda. Not by a long shot btw, smack whoever said that to you ha…

2 Likes

Look at the picture that shows the ingredients.

Liquid Splenda

Splenda is just a brand name for a sweetener that uses Sucralose. Just as Sweet N Low is a brand name that uses Saccharin or Equal which uses Aspartame. The liquid form of Splenda uses different ingredients than the powder because the powder requires different fillers.

7 Likes

Capella told me that. lol Go check out thier description for super sweet

1 Like

Due to recommendations here, I stopped using sucralose and now use Pyure Liquid Stevia.
I prefer it, no after taste and easier on coils.

3 Likes

This is spot on to Super Sweet. Man, wikipedia is SOOOO darn accurate huh?

Same stuff do you think??

Meringue is another good sweetener.

Just as an old lady piece of advice you may or may not want:

I would focus on making my vape taste good and get a smooth hit.

The thing is with some of these things in flavorings… it’s still not burned carbon particles (or a deadly cigabutt) getting into your blood stream via your lungs to your brain affecting your organs.

My opinion - (and I cant prove it but) you are still better off with a few of these chemicals in the vapor.

But that’s just me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh and if you want sweet (I mean the kind of sweet that whacks you in the head) Use a little bit of this. Start with .50%

I am not awake yet, I am replying to myself. More coffee!

3 Likes

Sparkeling wine huh? hmm

Try it. It’s so sweet its crazy.

1 Like