Sugar Daddy vs SS?

All I know is I use SD and SM in my mixes.
I have for the last 3 years. It doesn’t gunk my coils and I have NEVER had any problems with it.
You all that have never used it, you need to try it.
I won’t use anything else

5 Likes

To be honest, I am not sure if it is TBV’s or mine.
They haven’t reached out to order as of yet
If they ordered anytime as of 2 years ago to now…it is not mine.
Again they haven’t ordered anything from me.
I guess you can contact them.

3 Likes

OSDIY now has it in stock . I sent them an order over a week ago. They may need time to bottle it.

3 Likes

Im assuming yiu went with VG bc you have Erythritol in the SD ??

4 Likes

Good question.
I went with VG for the reason of some vapers can not use PG. It was part of the reason of creating it.

4 Likes

@jinx_d, @natbone, @Deb50, @Dan_the_Man, @INOIROC, @mjag, @Mikser, @RWL_65

I’d always heard the biggest benefit of Sugar Daddy was the lack of coil gunking. I honestly hadn’t heard about any muting, but so far the consensus is, if it’s used below 1%, no muting ?

3 Likes

I’ve tested SD with multiple % with diferent flaves.
For me (we all have diferent palettes) fruit flaves are the ones that get mostly affected but only at higher % of say about +2%.
1% is a good amount and mellow out the higher tones and also takes out some of the harshness from certain flavours.
Like citrus flavours.
To my taste buds deserts benefit the most when using SD.
As I mentioned I’m in the works to reformulate so if some vapers wish to use SD at higher % they’ll be able to do so without a sacrifice due to the mellowing out of certain tones.
With this I will need to pretty much do micro weight adjustments to get it there.
uhg!!!
Yes the less gunking of coils is a great plus…that wasn’t part of the plan when I created it…but it’s a great plus for sure.
YAY!

8 Likes

Well, I don’t think I have the real SD. SM, maybe? I don’t use it over 1% and there are times I make my mixes without using either of them and I have not noticed the flavor to be muted. But honestly, my sense of taste is crap. I plan on trying to get some of the real SD when it comes in stock, but I bet it also sells out immediately. lol I will get some eventually.

Oh! I can say my coils do last longer and the wicking material stays good longer. That is a fact.

5 Likes

Not sure i am the right to answer, because i totally avoid SS; i hate artificial sweeteners in real life and never use them. I feel adding artificial sweeteners to a coffee or tea is a crime, bakeries taste awful and probably my piss tastes better than coke zero.

I even never bought Cap SS because of that and only recently i bought Purilum SS which supposed to be more natural and more coil gunk forgiving; well, the truth is it is not - can’t say compared to Cap SS obviously, but Sugar Daddy is way more forgiving regarding that and also more natural tasting; regarding muting i’d probably put SS ahead of SD, but the truth is i only had one series with SS (about 40 recipes in total) and i will not be using it again. Pure garbage for me really.

Otherwise my preferred sweetener is Sweetness FLV >> SD >>>>> SS and i don’t use it a lot (Sweetness up to 0.5%, SD up to 0.75%; i used SS up to 0.5%; about a third of my recipes are without a sweetener). No idea if i have/had original SD, most probably not since i’m using it only about a year or so, so i’m excited to get one when it’s available.

5 Likes

Agree totally, can’t stand artificial sweetener in anything. Horrible after taste and headache if I have too much, same with MSG in foods.

Interesting, I would rather not have either… :rofl: :rofl:

Most of mine are sweetener free, the only one I used recently was Sweetener (SC) (WF) and that was at 0.2% in a mix which I have/had issues with (taste is blah). I occasionally will add a small amount of cotton candy or just use sweet cream, meringue and/or marshmallow to add a touch of sweetness to a mix.

4 Likes

I’ve been using SD for four years, so I had both versions from Chef’s. I’ve never gone over 1% with it. If it mutes it’s not much. I don’t get any gunking from it like I did with SS. I can use a mesh coil for many days without any problems. Also, as pointed out, it does taste cleaner than anything else I’ve tried.

Hey, what’s the name of that store that you guys talked about a while ago that sells VG/PG? I know I asked before, but I can’t find it. My search skills truly suck.

6 Likes

That made me laugh and I have to agree. If you hadn’t had added the word probably I wouldn’t have commented though!

4 Likes

I’m not sure where you are located but OSDIY should now have SD instock.
BUT…for those in countries that do not have SD…I happen to have a gallon sitting by. lol
I can break it up into smaller bottles.
My prices are pretty much on par as to what stores in canada sell them for.
PLUS…as an added bonus…for sales that are 60ml or more…I am throwing in a 15ml sample of the new reformulation.
Same taste…only a wee bit thinner so it’s easier to work with, 3% stronger with less muting.
NOTE : There still may be some residual muting with the new formulation to some vapers. I have attempted to solve that. I succeeded somewhat by increasing the strength so less SD will be needed when used at 2% or higher.
SD original will still be available for those who have already created recipes with SD.
So no worries about that.

AND…I’m also blowing the dust off the formulation for my Vanilla SD.
When I say this smells like you just wanna drink it out of the bottle…it’s not an exaggeration.

7 Likes

Canada or U.S?

3 Likes

Thanks, I will go have a look and I am in Oklahoma. :slight_smile: EDIT: Still showing OOS. That’s okay though, I will keep checking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Send OSDIY an email.

2 Likes

I finally remembered, it’s Glycerin suppliers…at least that’s the one I ordered from.

2 Likes

Glycerine suppliers…
hm…never heard of them but again I’m in Canada. lol
They most likely got it from TBV.
I’ll contact them to see if they wish to have THE REAL SLIM SHADDY!
I mean SD. lol

4 Likes

Hey @RWL_65 i know this is an old thread. Wondering where i can buy legit SD nowadays in the US? Osdiy only has SM in stock and SDV.

1 Like

Hey…
OSDIY are the only ones I sell to for small distribution in the U.S.
I sell mostly directly to juice manufactures but I may expand that to more store fronts.
The only thing I can recommend is to send them an email.
Most times they order last minute for restock for some reason or don’t realize they’ve sold out.
When they order from me it’s shipped the same day and takes about 3 to 4 days for them to receive it.
It’s pretty quick.
OR…
You can order through me but tbh cost wise for you 500ml or more would be recommended.
The cost of shipping is bullcrap!

5 Likes