Sugar Daddy vs SS?

Thanx to our Lovely sister Deb :hugs:, i now have my Grubby Mitts on some Sugar Daddy to try out :+1: :sunglasses:. it only took me 2 years since i wanted to try it.

anyway. i have 2 well steeped strawberries that have no sweetener in them at all.
and i want to do a fair side by side comparison, a 10ml of each.

my question = are these about the same sweetness or what ? and how many drops should i start with in said 10ml testers ?

thanx.

Thanx Deb :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I used SS for awhile before switching to SD. Itā€™s about a 1:2 ratio, SS:SD. Imo, SD is the cleanest tasting sweetener Iā€™ve tried and Iā€™ve been through most of them and it doesnā€™t gunk up like some of the others.

8 Likes

You are very welcome honey. in a 10ml tester I would start with one drop of the SD and give it a lil taste. Itā€™s thicker than SS. I have heard some say they use more of the SD instead of the SS and then I have also heard it the other way around. Everyone is different. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ok, thanx :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

oh. Thanx for the custards :hugs:. do i need to steep them ?
and your labels are pretty sweet :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This should be one of the things you compare. The gunk up coils part, if you donā€™t mind.

2 Likes

is Wizard Labs currentlyy the only place to get it ?

4 Likes

I donā€™t experience much at all. Iā€™ll vape 100+ ml without problem. The issue Iā€™ve found has to do with particular flavors. For me the key factor is I donā€™t get a chemical aftertaste as I do with other ones.

5 Likes

Sugar daddy tastes like actual granulated sugar. That was my observation when I tried it last year. I never really learned how to use it. Itā€™s thick like VG too IIRC. Its strong so go easy.

7 Likes

The one that says Custard has been steeping about 6 weeks so you should be good. Hell if I can remember what the other one was that I sent. I hope I didnā€™t mix yours and Muthā€™s up lol What is the other one?

3 Likes

There are a few other places. Let me go find them for you, but that bottle will last you awhile. Unless youā€™re a real sugar whore! HA HA.

This place is good to order from.
https://www.onestopdiyshop.com/category-s/192.htm

Never ordered from this place below. Looks to be in Canada
https://www.diy-ejuice.com/Ricks-Sugar-Daddy-s/1968.htm

I order a big bottle from Chefs when I see I am running low, but One stop is fine if you want to order from here in the states. Also, I have never tried anything but Rickā€™s natural one. One of these days I should try the vanilla one

7 Likes

Rick has a new sweetener without sucralose called Sugarmama, anyone try that?

5 Likes

Oh ya I havenā€™t tried the Sugar Mama either. I suppose I should. :slight_smile: I might like that one even better. Thanks @mjag Hmm, well $10 just to try it. Maybe I can find some other things there to add to the cart. Oh, who the hell am I kidding, I can ALWAYS find stuff! lol

5 Likes

Exactly what I get!

7 Likes

lol

Southern Bread Pudding.

5 Likes

yeah, i think so, but i could be a sugar whore :joy:

6 Likes

This sounds like something iā€™m missing. But is it muting a lot? (the main reason i never bought it)

3 Likes

If you keep it under 1% it seems fine. I range from .7 - 1 and Iā€™ll let juices sit for months and havenā€™t noticed it.

7 Likes

Hi thereā€¦
I know this is an older thread. For some reason I just happened to stumble on this.
huhā€¦
To answer some of your questions ā€¦
OH ā€¦first should introduce myselfā€¦I am the creator of SD and SM and I am located in Canada.

The main question I get from other forums is theā€¦ā€œDOES IT MUTE FLAVOURSā€.

The answer is yes AND noā€¦
SD was formulated with a combination of already used dry ingredients in the vape market AND every ingredientā€¦and I mean every single one was picked carefully. They all had to be Organic. No fillers,no dioxides (anti-caking agents) No anti fugals (cap super sweet)ā€¦no splenda ect ect ectā€¦
I carefully did the research even down to the VG I used.
I picked nothing but the best that was available.

Nowā€¦because it is a VG based sweetener there was a setbackā€¦some muting on the milder tones of complex mixes.
BUTā€¦I have been working on a new formulation to lower this effect. Itā€™s almost completed. PLUS it will be 2% / 3% stronger.
The good newsā€¦that great taste that is the trade mark of SD with no bitter taste will not be affected.
Plusā€¦I am also working on getting it a wee bit thinner so itā€™s easier to work with.

As for SugarMamaā€¦it seems I have run into a product shortage because of supply chain issues. I do have some ingredients coming in but because of the disruption I am having trust issues with suppliers. I;ve had to send back 3 orders from all diferent suppliers due to shady quality of the products.
SugarMama is a non sucralose based Sweetener and itā€™s very close to the taste of SD. Still VG based.
I am hoping this next delivery of the product I need is on par.
If this keeps up with negative results I may just need to pull it off the shelves until I can get it sorted out. As of right now OSDIY is the only one that has it along with SD in the U.S.
Iā€™m hoping to change that soon.
Chefs Flavours was carrying it but I havenā€™t heard back from them if they wish to keep it on their shelves. I guess demand isnā€™t very high in the U.K
I am working very hard on the issues I have stated and hopefully they will be resolved very soon.

If you have any questions pls donā€™t hesitate.

Thanks

6 Likes

Do you know if SD at chefs is yours or tbv at this time?

2 Likes