Sugar-Free, But Not Risk-Free: Popular Sweetener Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke

" People who consume the sweetener erythritol are more likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke, according to a study from the Cleveland Clinic. The authors said their findings are concerning, as consumers who already have health issues often turn to sugar-free foods to help them lose weight."

strong textSugar-Free, But Not Risk-Free: Popular Sweetener Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke • Children's Health Defense

Those that remember me know that I suffered a stroke. I’ve been using this **** for quite some time, but in very small quantities. I have recovered very well.

12 Likes

Good to see ya @mrpipes, and glad you’ve recovered. Thanks for the heads up.

6 Likes

Welcome. Yep still kicking, just not as high.lol

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, my friend. Glad you’ve recovered; they really are trying to kill us.

Even if you can’t kick as high as before, keep on kickin’!

6 Likes

Glad to hear that you are feeling better @mrpipes and thank you for sharing this important information.

5 Likes

@mrpipes It always makes me happy to see you around. Thx for the info even though I always hated artificial sweeteners anyway. I’m so glad you’ve recovered…YES !!!

3 Likes

Hey, its great to hear from you. Last time we “spoke” you were going through a very hard time. My sympathies. Our furry friends take a heavy toll when we lose them. Been there too many times.
The article jumped out at me but I doubt that it had anything to do with what happened to me. I tried a mix of stevia and erythritol plus EM with some success in eliminating the foul aftertaste of sweeteners, but never got it where I wanted it to be. Anyway be well. I lurk occasionally but not very often. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and glad you’ve recovered.

2 Likes