Suggest me a recipe or two to try?

Don’t underestimate your requirement for nicotine. When I stopped smoking (about 80 heavy cigs per day) I was vaping about 100mg of nic per day. That was 5ml of 20mg juice per day at about 20W. You can do your own maths to try and get it right.

If you crave cigs while vaping, boost the nic :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll give it a mix, for sure. I have everything but your sweeteners, but in all honestly, I almost never enjoy sweetener added mixes, anyway. I’ll mix without, add a teeny bit of sweet if it needs it. But in all honestly, I’ve never tried the original, and I’ve not enjoyed the few very highly rated clones I’ve tried. Strawberries are hard for me. They all kinda taste yada yada some generic berry sweet thing, and I almost never get the full flavor profile. Everyone ELSE I’ve mixed Strawberry Fog for has enjoyed it, but not me, really. I’d LOVE to find a creamy strawberry I actually enjoy vaping, so thanks for the share! And my roommate will love it! Might not get to it immediately, as I can usually only manage mixing a few a week, but I’ll def try and make sure to come back and rate when I do!

2 Likes

That one’s a concoction made by a couple of the best mixes here. @Grubby1 kind of got the base happening and @woftam tweaked it to his liking. I love it!

I don’t really do sweeteners either, but its so slight, same as the saline, it’s an enhancer not a flavor. I add it every time.

Most of the gold in ELR is little known IMO.

3 Likes

That mix will not require any sweetener I just happen to like it with just a slight hint of sweet

3 Likes

I love seeing new mixers. Actually I am a new mixer but I have spent the last 3 to 4 weeks in full immersion mode because I’m fascinated with mixing, AND summers in Arizona are so hot we stay inside like there’s 8 feet of snow on the ground. Since I’m new I feel I should advise you on some of the mistakes people make when they are new and enthusiastic, I sure made them.
I got 14 flavors from liquid barn with their starter kit, and the day I got it I mixed enough juice to fill all ten 100 ml bottles they supplied with the kit. I thought because I’m a chef I could just start throwing stuff that sounds good together and I’d be at the top of the mixer heap in a couple weeks.
Oh God was I wrong.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do with all those terrible mixes I made with absolutely no direction, but it has gotten better.
Watch all the instructional videos you can. I really love DIY OR DIE on YouTube. I hope I’m allowed to say that on here. He has taught me about so many things I did wrong that first night.
Over flavoring- using too much flavoring can make them all cancel each other out. Not too many, but too much. You try to make a custard with 8% percent custard and 7 % mango and 3% cookie and 4% pineapple and 2% graham cracker, and you’re gonna get NASCAR burnt tires.
Keep it small- make small batches to get your legs. You’re most likely going to be dumping a lot of juice down the drain so the less the better. (Or you’ll be vaping shite juice and regretting it), or you’ll get discouraged and quit altogether.
Don’t.
Find two or three simple recipes like the ones here that people are sharing. Even if you have to order 25 dollars worth of flavors to make one (about the cost of one 100 ml bottle at a vape shop) you’ll have enough flavoring to make the juice and you’ll still have lots left over to make other stuff.
Get lots of bottles.
Amazon has large and small packs of 10, 15, and 30 ml bottles for under 50 cents apiece. Get a bunch. (I like 510 central bottles, simple)
Use a roll of masking tape and a sharpie to label your bottles.
Take lots of notes.
Nothing worse than getting a winner and wondering what the hell you did.
Don’t drink and mix.
Get some good recipes, just 3 or 4, that you are confident will be not only vapeable but more than likely delicious. Try to set yourself up for success by reading reviews, sucking up advice, buying smaller quantities (15 ml) of the better flavors rather than large quantities of junk. Every flavor has reviews and notes. Read them. Flavorah and Flavor art and Capella are good bets, Loranne, and others. But they all have clunkers and winners.
Learn abbreviations.
Get a scale.
I paid 15 for mine from liquid nicotine wholesalers. It is accurate down to .01 of a gram up to 500. So you can make the same recipe in a 50 ml plastic beaker or a sauce squirter. I bought some 8 ounce plastic squeeze bottles with a screw on cap that I now mix in. When my mix is done, I can screw on the cap, throw it in the sink for a half hour with warm water (not worrying about water getting in my mix), then shake the livin’ bajeebus out of it, and now I have a fancy tip to squirt the juice into those pesky little bottles.
Get some disposable pipettes to transfer juice.
Trust me.
And you can clean them and reuse. I bought 300 for like ten bucks. You can get 100 for even less.
I have over 118 flavors now, and after several orders I noticed that nicotine river ships theirs in drip bottles. Those are so handy. But the pipette are great for when you transfer liquid.
So you don’t have to use funnels and graduated cylinders, you just tare out your scale and drip drop the flavors at .02 of a gram at a time into whatever vessel you like. Liquid nicotine wholesalers ship theirs in glass bottles with screw on caps and they are fussy and can spill and its easier just to drip.
Mix your flavors with no nic till you know you like them. There is a slight factor of the nic changing the flavor slightly, but it can be a real money saver if you’re throwing out shite batches.
Another person on this site says he throws his fail vape juices into a big bottle and calls it “suicide juice”. I haven’t subscribed to that yet, but I do have several juices, many overflavored, that I will be chucking soon, and the idea has me intrigued.
There was a post a couple weeks ago, I’ll try to find it, that asks people what recipe they would take with them if there were a zombie apocalypse, it has some great recipes on it.
Learn to use this site.
Celebrate mistakes.
Focus.
Use your resources to make smart moves and get some great vapable juices before you get all creative.
And don’t forget to steep.

3 Likes

lol I think we’re all guilty of the ‘throw stuff that sounds good together, together’ newbie mistake. :wink:

Here’s the thread Chef_Johnny was talking about: Our Vapepocalypse selections… some REALLY good ones in here. I’m literally working my way thru the thread, getting flavors for one that sounds good, then the next, and so on.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this Oddm.
I copied "a dozen primates from this list and have (after 64 dollars of overly enthusiastically ordering the quantities of flavors) a very delicious vape able juice and a victory under my belt.
Also, “DQ Peanut butter milkshake” is ruining my coils in all three nic levels that I change depending on mood. Its my favorite vape. I like it at zero to 2% nic so I can chugalug, its just that good. Its like the last three spoonfuls of ice cream in the bowl. Pure heaven. I saved all the ones on there that sounded interesting and will get to ALL of them once my third (and final for a while) flavor box arrives.
Thanks for reading my post and supplementing it with this link.
I’m going to follow you now.

3 Likes

Lol I have a whopping 2 public recipes, One of Folkart’s I published which is fanbloodytastic (tastes exactly like eating an Oatmeal Cream Pie… right after you ate a gingersnap. It’s even sort of ‘chewey’, and no… I’ve got no idea on EARTH how he pulled that off in a vape. But its full-on Yum.) and my first ever successful recipe which I absolutely adore, for a Krispy Kreme type glazed donut. But I’m working at it, and will keep publishing my good ones. :wink:

And I’m absolutely going to check right this second and see if I have the flavors for that DQ Peanut Butter Milkshake! Sounds seriously intriguing, and I have NO peanut butter flavors in my repeat lineup, so that’s a winner. I’ll track you down once I mix and let u know how it went. Thanks for the suggestion!

BTW, not sure if you’ve ever tried it, but if not it may interest you since you’re vaping milkshakes. There’s this additive called ‘WS-23’ which adds a bit of cool, but 0 methol flavor. I add that by a few drops to a 30 ml of my ice creams, and its awesome! They taste straight out of the ice box. Perfect for a summer vape in Phoenix. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coils aren’t a huge issue, since I vape mostly Profile and Kylin M, and those snazzy lil mesh strips burn completely clean for mos and mos, and I use Rayon, so it gets a whole lot less ‘gunky’ than regular cotton, imo.

My three most frequent ADV… the ones I always no matter what have loaded in a tank or squonk mod at all times, are “Shroom’s Cinnabon Roll”, NotCharlesManson’s “Birthday Cake” (w/TPA Vanilla Bean instead of Cap… I like it mucho better that way), and my own “Krispy Kreme de la Creme”… so yeeah, Full on dessert lineup. My coils would get good and gunky on a sub-ohm coil. lol

And HUGE congrats on your flavor victory! After you get started and mix a few horrid recipes (think we’ve all been there) hitting those few ADV is seriously rewarding. Sounds like you’ve got yours nailed!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Profile RDA users help!