Suicide Bunny and King's Crown

What’s up vapefam!

SirRisc here with another juicy review!
Today I’m going to talk about one of the more famous, and somewhat controversial US liquidmakers, Suicide Bunny.

Though Suicide Bunny has always been surrounded with controversy, I aim to give you a fair view of my opinion about this brand and its liquids.

I received these liquids at no expense and as such they hold no financial value to me, though I have to admit I was quite excited to have this opportunity.

Premise.

The Bunny.

Suicide Bunny was founded by a lovely lady called Pip the Bunny.
After contacting Pip and having a brief chat, I quickly realised she’s not the “evil money grabbing diacetyl-mixing bitch” some people are painting her off as.
I’ve found that she’s actually very passionate about Suicide Bunny and vaping in general, including the health aspects of vaping.
Rightly so, most of us vape for the same reason she does; to escape the clutches of tobacco and all the poison it entails.
On that note Pip actually started mixing her own liquids to get her husband to quit smoking.
She’s an ex-smoker herself and after trying several methods of smoking cessation, she had no trouble quitting with the help of an EGO battery while the others methods never really worked for her.
This means she’s just one of us, a vaper with a passion for life who started out with a simple EGO battery.
(I still have my very first EGO battery for nostalgic purposes! 650mAh of brute power!)

The first flavor she ever created was a watermelon liquid, which never got sold but was essentially the start of Suicide Bunny.
After that she started working on a recipe with melon flavors, which are apparently her favorite flavors.
From that Madrina was born, which coïncidently is her favorite but also one of my personal favorites now.
The bestselling Mothers Milk followed quickly after that and the others followed after that one, a process that took around 8 months for the initial lineup that makes up Suicide Bunny.
A while ago the Suicide Bunny brand got expanded by another juiceline called King’s Crown.

Premium?

Suicide Bunny is marketed as a premium brand, meaning it is a high quality product with a somewhat hefty pricetag too (which is mainly the reason I hadn’t tried Suicide Bunny yet before I did this review).
The liquids certainly aren’t cheap and this has always been a reason for people to bash the brand but there is a proper explanation on the website which essentially explains it in a short text.
I’m not going to quote it here, but I urge you to read up on it yourself here.
In comparison with other premium brands the price is certainly not as steep as it looks.
Is it worth the money? If you can afford it, definitely! If you can’t afford it, save up and try a single bottle if you feel like spoiling yourself. :wink:

Diacetyl laden?!

The rumors that were going around on Reddit and other vaping newsoutlets last year that SB was “chock full of Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl” were slanderous, nothing more.
A cry for attention by people who obviously forgot to check the facts before shouting bloody murder. Fuck those guys, seriously. Do your fucking research.
After a few days of slander and mayhem on forums, Pip responded with a smile by sending the SB line for testing by an independant laboratory and the published reports show that SB is essentially as safe to vape as any other eliquid.
You can find these reports on the Suicide Bunny website here and here.
The amounts found are well within bounds, and being someone that has grown up with severe lung problems I can safely say I haven’t felt any different vaping SB than I have vaping other brands.
That is the last I’ll say on this, and there’s really no discussion about this for me. It’s safe, get over it, stop whining, keep calm and vape on!

#obsidiangate

Another point I want to touch on before continueing is the limited edition “Obsidian Series: Mothers Milk” that has been garnering a lot of attention, both negative and positive.
I’ve seen several people moan about the price and the fact that it’s not worth it, but obviously everyone is forgetting that this is essentially a collectors item.
It was made with the intention of being something special, something not everyone will have.
Why would you buy a special edition videogame where you get an extra few digital items? To get a few more pixels? It’s just pixels…
Why would you buy a limited edition music album? To get fancy packaging? It’s the same music as the regular album…
Why would you buy a collectors item figurine of a superhero? To leave it in the box and never touch it? It’s meant to be played with…
Yeah yeah, I know. “It’s different!”. Except it isn’t. It’s a niche product, it’s something not everyone will have.
If you’re not willing to pay for it, just move on and stop moaning about it. :wink:

Styling.
http://i.imgur.com/4CcMFNm.jpg

One of the things that has always attracted me to Suicide Bunny is the way the brand is styled.
The entire Suicide Bunny line has drawings that are stunningly beautiful and sort of edgy.
On a personal note, the drawing for Madrina is something I’m actually considering to incorporate in a sleeve tattoo.
This isn’t very well known but the name Suicide Bunny was in fact inspired by Suicide Girls, a website/social network of alternative models which focusses mostly on alternative lifestyles such as piercing and tattoos.
That really shows in the styling of the drawings, most of the women drawn on the labels also have tattoos or seem to otherwise fit into the somewhat edgy Suicide Girls style.
The “Bunny” part was inspired by her husband, who first coined the name “Pip the Bunny” as an endearing nickname for his lovely wife.
Each of the labels respresents an emotion Pip experienced during her voyage into the vaping world, giving the brand a personal touch.
Oddly enough the only label she drew herself is the one for Sucker Punch, the others were made by a graphic designer.

The King’s Crown labels have a different styling, referring to kings and Gods alike.
On one bottle the crown is held up, on another the mask of the King is shown, the Queen holding her Kings head in her lap, and lastly the enprisoned warrior lamenting his capture.
Again all very beautiful pieces of artwork that were designed by a graphic designer who is now working with Suicide Bunny for future labels and styling.

It all boils down to taste of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that…
As the current “alternative” beholder, I have to applaud this sort of work. I love the styling, I think it looks freaking awesome.
On a sidenote, Suicide Bunny also has some very cool t-shirts and flex caps for sale on their website for both men and women.

Another cloudy shot…

Beware the dragons grasp…
http://i.imgur.com/FrUSriM.jpg

Enough history lessons and making you salivate. Let’s get on with the actual review!

The review.

All the liquids were tested in

• a Doge V1 built with a dual parallel coil at 0.4ohm wicked with rayon
  • a Doge V2 built with a dual twisted coil at 0.4ohm wicked with rayon
  • a Tobh Atty built with a dual coil at 0.8ohm wicked with rayon
  • a Paradigm Magma built with a dual coil at 1ohm wicked with rayon

All my RDAs were cleaned and rewicked each time I switched liquids to ensure I didn’t get any crosscontamination between flavors.
I wanted to be very thorough on this one, so I tested on all the RDAs I currently own and trust in terms of flavor.
I used a Sigelei 100W+ at varying wattages ranging from 50W to 100W, adjusting to taste as I vaped.
Besides the flavor sessions, each liquid was also vaped at least one day to ensure I got the flavorprofiles right and to see if the liquid could be an ADV.

Suicide Bunny is available in different nicotine strengths (0mg, 3mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg), but as always I chose to vape 6mg.
It’s my personal preference and think it’s a perfect balance between flavor and nicotine intake, but your mileage may vary.

All Suicide Bunny and King’s Crown liquids come in clear glass bottles, with a childproof cap.
The liquid is transported from the bottle into your tank or dripper in glass pipettes with a fine tip and a black rubber top.
The labels contains the artwork in the middle, with the brand depicted in a red wax seal. On the right hand side of the label is the name of the liquid and the nicotine content in a classic font.
On the left hand side of the label it reads: “This product contains nicotine. Keep out of reach of all the beautiful children, and the naughty ones too.”
No mention is made on the bottles that these liquids are not for sale under 18, nor is there any mention of its toxicity besides the nicotine.

Suicide Bunny

Suicide Bunny - The O.B.

Ingredients: 6mg/ml nicotine, PG 30 / VG 70

Description on the website:

Rich and creamy, the O.B. from Suicide Bunny gives you a new experience every time. There’s layers upon layers to savor. What kind of taste will you discover?

My review:
Pip describes the Original Bunny as being very similar to Mothers Milk without the strawberry and a secret ingredient, but still very different as a few flavors got swapped out.

http://i.imgur.com/fAX0sJ7.jpg

Scent: When you first open the bottle, you are greeted with the lavish aroma of pure vanilla.
Color: An darker orange amber tint.
Taste: The flavor in this liquid is an awesome blend of vanilla with a slightly buttery feel on the tongue.
Warm and without compromise, it’s an easy vape with an aftertaste that lingers for quite some time.
There’s no chemical or artificial taste like some of the vanillas I’ve tried before, it feels natural and creamy all the way through.
Definitely a possible ADV, the Original Bunny is a full-bodied flavor made to love and cherish.

• Flavor: 8/10
  • Vapor: 8/10

Suicide Bunny - Derailed

Welcome to Derailed: one of Suicide Bunny’s most popular flavors. Inhale for the fresh baked cookie taste, exhale for the sweet cinnamon banana, and enjoy every moment in between. The smell alone will keep you coming back for more.

My review:
Pip describes this as a cinnamon snickerdoodle quickie with an exhale of banana, and I still have no clue what a snickerdoodle is besides a funny word. However…

Scent: The soft smell of freshly baked cookies with a heavy dose of banana is what permeats the air upon opening the bottle. A sweet and warm smell that carries you to times long lost.
Color: A slightly cloudy light amber.
Taste: The cookie flavor is the greater part of this liquid, with the banana only slightly poking through when you exhale.
It provides a flavorful and lush vape with a minimal sweet note to round the experience off while retaining the hearty spicyness of the cinnamon.
Not a personal favorite though, but a proper dessert recipe that was executed with style and finesse.

• Flavor: 7/10

Suicide Bunny - Mothers Milk

Welcome to Mother’s Milk: Suicide Bunny’s most popular juice. With a deliciously rich and creamy dessert flavor, and a light strawberry exhale, Mother’s Milk is ready to rock your world. There’s a reason our fans have voted it their favorite: once you try it, you’ll never want another.

My review:
Pip describes Mothers Milk as a “creamy strawberry kind of thing”.

http://i.imgur.com/yv8QDvJ.jpg

Scent: A field of sweet and ripe strawberries colors the air, the warm aroma of a hot summers day.
Color: A clear yellowish amber liquid.
Taste: I’ve heard this one describes by a lot of people as a strawberry Nesquick type of flavor and I can’t help but disagree.
The strawberry Nesquick is artificial strawberry with an almost chemical taste, while this tastes more natural and true to a refreshing strawberry.
The creambase rounds off the enticing notes of strawberries and compliments it with a softer touch, silky smooth and nearly velvety on the tongue.
Is this worth the hype? Hell yeah! The balance between the creamy base and the ripe strawberries is perfect, and feels like a liquid that has been made with the greatest attention to detail.
Definitely a liquid that could serve as an ADV, I’m not surprised this is the best selling flavor.

• Flavor: 9/10

Suicide Bunny - Sucker Punch

Want to go to exotic places? Sucker Punch from Suicide Bunny is your ticket. Enjoy the alluring dragon fruit mix, laced with a silky-smooth cream. And get transported to a whole new world of amazing flavor.

My review:
Pip describes this one as being a dragonfruit-esque creambased type of thing.

Scent: An exotic beach, a soft breeze and dragonfruit. All the scents to transport you to paradise.
Color: A clear and light yellowish color.
Taste: Despite the fact that the smell is mainly dragonfruit, the taste is very different.
The creambase is very apparent and dominates the palate with an ever so subtle tropical blend of flavors coming through.
Savory yet refreshing, the mix of fruits balances between a zesty and a pleasantly rich character.
A very full-bodied and summery vape with several layers of flavor to discover on each exhale.

Suicide Bunny - Madrina

Ahh, the enchantment of Madrina. This is Pip the Bunny’s personal favorite. Try it and you’ll see why. It might be the enchanting cream base. It might be the notes of melon tucked into every layer. It might be all of the above, and more. Try it and taste for yourself.

My review:
This is Pips favorite, and I have to admit that has very quickly become one of my personal favorites too. I’m very fond of melonflavored juices and this one is definitely one of the best, if not the best, I’ve ever tasted.

Scent: A subtle mix of honeydew and cantaloupe fill the air with sweetness, an entrancing perfume of sunriped melons.
Color: A mildly murky rose amber tint.
Taste: A mellow mix of melon flavors that is as addictive as the day itself. If I was ever faced with the inexplicable and had to choose one liquid for the rest of my life, this would definitely be a contender.
I’m very fond of melonflavors and this is spot on. A luscious mix of juicy melons smothered in a light cream.
I am enchanted indeed.

King’s Crown

King’s Crown - Claim Your Throne

Our practice has made Claim Your Throne perfect. Enjoy a blend of sweet creams, butterscotch, and brown sugar. There’s nothing else like it anywhere. So don’t take the plunge unless you’re ready for something unique.

My review:

Scent: Soft butterscotch layered over even softer cream fills your surroundings with notes of nostalgia.
Color: A slightly rose hue in a deep amber color.
Taste: On my first impression I couldn’t quite make out the flavorprofile in this one.
There’s some butterscotch on the first exhale, but then the cream and brown sugar suddenly linger on your tongue. I’m almost forced to think I’m eating pancakes with brown sugar, which I love by the way.
A dessert vape is usually something that has a few surprises and this is no different, it sort of jumps out after the exhale and you suddenly find yourself wanting another puff.
Despite the brown sugar and butterscotch it isn’t too sweet, it’s a deliciously devious play on the usual dessert flavors and possibly the first butterscotch liquid I actually like.

King’s Crown - Bound By The Crown

This is it: the e-liquid that will capture your attention — and keep it forever. Sweet custard. Spice. Ripened stone fruits. It’s a twist on traditional fruit flavors. When the crown calls, you will answer.

My review:

Scent: A blend of tropical fruit and cream claims ownership of the air. A sharp, almost intrinsic scent that will grab your attention immediately.
Color: A slightly murky orange amber.
Taste: A tropical blend of fruits that will instantly carry you to a faraway beach in the sun. I get notes of peach, pineapple and a sharp cinnamon accent, but there’s a different accent flowing through every exhale.
It’s a sweet and very lushious liquid that has a flavorprofile that isn’t meant for everyone. Especially the cinnamon is something that will be hit or miss for a lot of people, but I like it.
On a personal note, I’ve found this juice to pair suremely well with a hot cup of coffee, the profiles mix perfectly and all I can think of is “I need more, I want more!”.
The crown has called, and I will answer.

King’s Crown - The King

When you aim high, you can achieve wonders. And The King is the juice that towers above all else. It’s a sophisticated liquid birthed from imagination and dedication, perfectly balanced, and infused with mysterious flavors.

My review:

Scent: Subtle yet moving, the scent of sugar cookies find their way to you. Stealthily followed by an army of peanutbutter soldiers to claim your olfactory as their home.
Color: A clear amber colored liquid.
Taste: Sugarcookies fresh out the oven with a drop of peanutbutter on top, that is what I first got from this liquid.
The flavor is enticing but calls for a quiet moment to enjoy the subtle notes hidden in the exhale.
The aftertaste is a delicious crunchy sugar cookie melting mildly on your tongue fused with a rich peanutbutter and lifting your tastebuds to the throne.

• Flavor: 7/10

King’s Crown - Fight Your Fate

Your day is what you make of it. And Fight Your Fate is the juice to take with you on your journey. This beautifully crafted liquid will wrap you in tart lemons and sweet ripe-ripe strawberries. It all combines to create the experience you dream of.

My review:

Scent: Your right hand bound by the sweet strawberries, your left hand by the zesty lemon. Draw both closer as you fight the urge to give in to the delicious smell that is taking control of your every move.
Color: A clear white with a subtle yellow hue.
Taste: The sweet strawberries are the dominant factor, while the lemon gives the flavor some more oomphf.
There’s a delightful sour note from the lemon contrasting with the succulent sweetness of the strawberries.
Anything but a mellow combination of flavors form a delicate balance playing tricks on your tastebuds.

In conclusion.

Suicide Bunny is a famous brand of liquids, and it’s definitely not without reason. The hype is real.
Pip obviously developed these juices with passion and love and it shows because the quality is astonishing.

Pip, keep doing what you do because you’re freaking awesome!
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review these liquids, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every puff so far and I will be returning to these liquids as often as my budget permits.

As always, thank you all for reading! I know some of my reviews tend to be long but I do hope they’re worth your time.
I’ll be doing a few more gear reviews in the near future, more specifically I’ll be reviewing a Marquis RDA clone, the 70W IPV Mini V2 and the Youde Goblin soon. Fun times ahead!

Stay cloudy!

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of strawberry cream scented vapor

Bonus desktop wallpaper (1920x1080)

7 Likes

@SirRisc, You’re reviews are very very well made - Very eloquent and accompanied by very nice photographs. I’m impressed!

Pretty overly positive review, but as you wrote, apparently the hype is real :smiley:

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it overly positive, I’m genuinely impressed by both Suicide Bunny and King’s Crown.
It’s an overall very positive experience to vape this stuff and I can’t help showing that in my review.
Suicide Bunny has gotten a lot of misguided hate over the past year or so, and everyone is entitled to their opinion… mine is just positive. :wink:

Generally I think most of my reviews are mostly positive because I refuse to review stuff I know I won’t like.
If I know a product to have sketchy QC for example, I’ll just flat out refuse to use and review it.
If a product is good, I’ll highlight the positive things about it. I’m guessing that’s the salesadvisor in me trying to get out… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you for such a great review. Now I want to go get some Madrina Bc watermelon is my fav !

1 Like

I wish i had a vape shop nearby that carried these ! You describe them so eloquently !

1 Like

I love it when people use that word to describe my reviews. I put a lot of work into improving my English vocabulary lately, being a native Dutch speaker doesn’t exactly make it easy to describe flavors.
Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate that! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would of never guessed your Dutch ! You’ve work hard and it shows Bc Yes I was enticed by your descriptions. Nice work.

1 Like

I finally picked up some Madrina !!! Now Guna get into it !!

Great choice! Enjoy! :wink:

Ah ! It’s so good ! Melon then a pop of cantaloupe muah ! NOM NOM

1 Like

Great, detailed review. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like