Summertime handcrafted soda

Tried the soda stream for a few months, but I was anything but impressed. My wife, kids and grandchildren all think it tastes like the originals, but I don’t.
I guess it’s my 40 years of Coca-Cola drinking, but I don’t find the stuff even remotely palatable.
Sad. It would have saved me a fortune.
I drink (2) 2 liters a day, unless it’s hot out, then it might peak at 4.

2 Likes

I used to have a carbonator and it was 2 oz syrup in 10 oz water for the standard 12 oz serving. Hope this helps.

1 Like

My wife’s very high proficiency at making kombucha has me enjoying the effervescent and soda like quality with every new batch she makes. Tonight was delighting in her latest creation… Mango/Honey… like popping the cork on a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne! Super bubbly, tasty, and all natural. :sunglasses:… Splendid for the gut, as well; probiotic goodness! :kissing_heart:

She makes a Lemon Basil, which will be an awesome summertime kombucha!

3 Likes

I love soda but it’s so bad for your teeth trust me I would know lol just had to get three fillings due to it! And yes I brush my teeth lol, but I still drink it especially rootbeer :beer:at the moment @fidalgo_vapes lol

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know how much is used except that it is used in soda for a thicker mouth feel. Have any idea what’s typical per quart of base? Is it on your site? I’m gonna guess at 1/2 tsp or not even that. I’ve got organic stevia powder to make sugar free but now kinda wonder if I could use EM instead as there is zero aftertaste

I’ve tried kombucha but to me it’s vinegar swamp water. Maybe I’ll have to make my own one day and see if it’s better than store stuff

1 Like

Soda stream flavors were bad and supposedly even worse tasting now. I’m gonna make something per walts suggested mix and go from there. I can buy any syrup I want from Amazon but it’s neater to make your own.

1 Like

I have heard many people have severe dental issues with Mountain Dew. Something with the acid combos in there that loves tooth enamel. I believe this has phosphoric acid in it but would have to read the label. Might try a soda that doesn’t contain that acid or just carbonate water and add some RF SC and maybe some stevia or pyure, EM etc. just not Splenda unless you enjoy massive farting.

Russ’s special fart cola - kids would love that lmao

2 Likes

You should! :grinning: You will have total control over the flavor outcome. Processed properly, kombucha has a low calorie, low carb, and super low sugar content, but 100% delicious and satisfying.

3 Likes

And so would you especially when a nasty is emitted every 2 minutes

1 Like

What happens when mixing soda with pg type flavors and using sugar beet sugar?

1 Like

That looks painful and would run off your pet spider. I was thinking more of this style just for you…

2 Likes

Walt? How about 1oz acacia gum. Looked on the site and it’s not in there.

First… HAHAHA @woftam

Pg Flavors that are sold by some companies are Concentrates diluted down. Too much PG will add a burn to the soda.

Beet Sugar is ok to use but 99% of the world prefers cane over beet with it comes to drinkables. Beet can leave an after taste and just makes things taste weird.

PM your address and I will send some to you. It is a power we use in the production of some items. Never really decided if I wanted to put items like this and the different acids on the site. Bit weird about it.

4 Likes

:astonished:Who would have thought about the pg and sugars? I’ll send PM thanks Walt!