Sweaty Sock Chemical

Ok so this is by no means meant to bash any flavor company! It is just to start a thread and try to figure out what flavors some people are getting this out of. What I am finding out is that not everyone gets that sweaty sock flavor either. So what makes us different? As an example my cousin absolutely loves crunch Flavorah but to me it taste like sweaty sock. I have tried as low as I could go with this flavor and no matter what and how long I steep it, I still get this same result. I have bought a ton of new flavors over the last 6 months and have been trying them all out solo flavors. I have some notes I will add over the weekend of some of these flavors that contain this sweaty sock flavor to me. This is NOT to bash a flavor company! I have been told more than once that I need to start putting my notes on this website so that is going to be a start to my New Years resolution. At some point I am also going to start a thread of Chocolate flavors because that is the whole reason I started mixing in the first place. Any input or flavor you might have that contain this chemical please share. Thanks.

3 Likes

How do you go about testing the single flavors? Do you keep a sweaty sock close by? Taste the flavor, taste the sock, repeat.

You know Iā€™m just joking with you, right.

My rayon gets an off taste after a 100ml of vaping. I compare it to Band-Aids. So I get where you are coming from.

I was just wondering this last week, if there was some early warning or common denominator of whose taste buds will react badly to a flavor when everyone else is happy. Something like red heads react differently to many medications. If we could figure out a correlation between, for example if you had measles so youā€™ll hate most of the DX versions or if youā€™ve had your appendix out you canā€™t taste strawberry. It seemed silly when I thought of it but the vape industry is only 10 years old. We should keep asking any question we can think of right?

4 Likes

Well, Butyric Acid definitely has itā€™s own ā€˜flavor noteā€™. And if you try various DX and v2 flavors, you can easily pick it out (especially if you have tasted the original version side by side with itā€™s ā€˜newā€™ version).

Now, Iā€™m not saying that that is the culprit, but (while itā€™s possible) I think youā€™re on the right track in trying to ā€œgroup themā€! Thatā€™s the only way to be able to nail down the offender. Given that, Iā€™d strongly recommend starting with trying to find as many as you can (that contain the ā€œsock noteā€) within the TFA line. Due to their legendary approach of full-disclosure!! You can actually see the exact ingredients on their website flavor by flavor once you learn how to search it! =)

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Well usually testing a particular flavor goes like this for me. I read what the recommended percentage is and mix up a 5-10ml bottle with 1.5-3.0mg of nic with 30pg/70vg base. I then let it sit overnight and try it out on clapton coil that I donā€™t need to Rewick every time. I might also try it Iā€™m whatever tank Iā€™m using. I then sit it aside and let it steep a while and revisit it after a week or so. Thatā€™s when I usually decide if I should play around with the percentages and see how it reacts with other flavors. I keep my tester flavors along with other juices steeping in a room with little sun light and a stable temperatureā€¦not next to a dirty sock. I guess itā€™s kind of how some people get a pepper taste from VBIC tfa but that it one of the flavors I really like.

2 Likes

A few flavors that I get that dirty sock flavor from are flavorah and IDE crunch, cinnamon crunch, donuts, fried dough, and tricks cereal. Iā€™m sure there are probably a few more but I have to start driving.

2 Likes

oh yes , flv crunch cereal is the worst i was seriously hoping itbwld be good but that flave is the worst IMO

1 Like

FLV Crunch Cereal
FLV Tricks Cereal
FW Banana Nut Bread
Yupā€¦ not sure if itā€™s ā€˜dirty socksā€™, but whatever it is, my palate cannot
stand it at all.

3 Likes

Cool thanks know I have banana nut bread tfa and it works great with fw banana Foster. I donā€™t think I really cared much for fw banana nut bread. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve tried it.

@TheTinMan1
So at that point do you get ray off?
Just messing wit you tinboy. lmao

2 Likes

Oh yeah I understand what you are talking about. There is one flavor by FW that does it to me, but it was way back when I first started vaping and I donā€™t recall what it was. I donā€™t use any FW anymore but only because I have more or less found what I like.

1 Like

TPA Cheesecake with graham crust leaves a taste in my mouth like wet straw. I can mix graham with cheesecake flavor (both TPA) and itā€™s great. I can vape Capella cheesecake with graham added and no problem,

1 Like

Hi @Lolly good morning to you

2 Likes

And a very good morning (afternoon here) to you too! :grin:

1 Like

Damn itā€™s afternoon already, I musta slept in. Hope I didnā€™t miss anything I was supposed to do.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Sundays are all about :+1:

2 Likes

OH thank god, thought I might have missed something important

(tell you a secret when youā€™re retired every day is just like a Sunday

2 Likes

Whatā€™s crazy is that I have never gotten a weird taste off the dx or v2 versions of TFA. I do really like how they offer the exact ingredients on their website. I wish other companyā€™s would do that as well.

1 Like

FA Bilberry smells like gym socks to me but it doesnā€™t taste like it to me. Some flavorings smell like the ass end of a June Bug.:hushed:

3 Likes

Hey pal! Iā€™d thank you to keep your nose out of the business end of my ā€œbirthday bugā€!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Besides, what on earth would make you want toā€¦ Oh, just nevermind! I donā€™t even wanna know! XD
Rofl

4 Likes