Sweet Cream - Capella or Flavor West?

Hey guys! I need a little help. I have always used Capella’s Sweet Cream, but I was just wondering if Flavor West’s Sweet Cream is any good because Nicotine River has the Capella for $4.25 for 1 oz and the Flavor West for $3.00 for 1 oz…so I just want to know if the FW is any good or should I just stick with the Capella? I have searched the forum and can’t seem to find anything on FW Sweet Cream…maybe that should answer my question…

Opinions?

1 Like

Sweet Cream (FW) is good however how it compares to Caps, don’t know. I personally prefer Bavarian Cream (FW)…

3 Likes

Thanks…Yeah, I like that one too, but I have just never used the FW sweet cream so I am at a loss, I was thinking that I will try it just ot see and if I don’t like it, well then it is only a loss of $3 so not really a big deal!

1 Like

Not to worry, you’ll find it useful whether it compares to Caps or not. If I remember correctly @Alisa’s Bust-A-Nut uses Sweet Cream (FW) so you will use it if you want to…

3 Likes

Oh, for sure! Wow, I have always used Caps Sweet Cream for that recipe and didn’t even remember that I had subbed it out for it! I wonder what I have been missing because it is amazing with the Caps Sweet Cream!

3 Likes

Sweet cream Caps is cleaner than FW meaning it is diketone free… FW has a fluffy feel to it. It is good I think you’d enjoy it.

5 Likes

In a side by side test at 2% CAP is the winner

CAP = like 1/2 1/2 slightly sweet
FW = moo moo’s light cream/milk (hints of coconut?)

4 Likes

Same here @SunnyT I had also been using Caps Sweet Cream at 5% for Bust a Nut (had to look at my recipe for it) and I also don’t recall changing it out but my notes say that the original was all FW ingredients.

3 Likes

Cant speak for CAPS but the FW Sweet Cream in Bust-A-Nut is really good. I’m trying it in another recipe now so it’ll be a couple days till I can say how well I think it mixes with fruit

2 Likes

I was wondering how those 2 flavors compare to what I have DX Sweet Cream (Signature/TFA). The TFA seems to work out pretty good so far in the few recipes I’ve used it in. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input everyone! I think I will am gonna go ahead and grab the FW on my next order! I believe that I will be able to find some uses for it!

2 Likes

FW is what ive been using lately ive always used caps and tpa , but FW is very nice sorry cant find the word to describe it but u wont be disappointed

1 Like

Dx is diketone free version so it probably compares more to caps than fw

2 Likes

I switched from cap to FW, I find it a bit sweeter and has a slightly fuller mouth feel for me, I personally think you’ll be ok with switching 🖒

3 Likes

IMHO it’s like the difference between Capella sweet cream and FW sweet skim milk.

1 Like