Sweet Cream FW. Made a mistake

Hello

By accident I ordered 30ml Sweet Cream from Flavor West. Actually I wanted Sweet Cream from TPA. I use it for some milk recipes. I just mixed it and it tastes like coconut. Sure, I have to let it steep.

Is there any chance the coconut taste will fade over time?

4 Likes

Yes there is a chance, although highly unlikely. I have never experienced any off taste similar to what you are experiencing. I have found FW Sweet Cream to be slightly sweeter than TPA Sweet Cream. As well as needing a higher percent in mix of FW Sweet Cream.
I am also wondering if maybe the vender possibly sent you the wrong flavor concentrate (rebottled/relabeled).
You really didn’t elaborate on to what degree the Coconut was apparent in your Milk stone.
Was it like " Hmmm… I think I taste a slight coconut nuance in this mix"?
Or “Holy Schnikes”!! This is really Coconutty"!!!

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I red some comments where users say it has a slight caramel after taste. Unfortunately it’s coconut. In particular when exhaling it’s quite strong. It mutes all other flavors. And it lingers in the air.

So, yes, I would rather say, “Holy Schnikes”!! This is really Coconutty"!!!

There was one user on reddit who said there is a hint of coconut. Well, it’s definitely more than only a hint.

2 Likes

I just vape it now after 24hours steeping. It’s Mothers Unicorn Milk. From the previous batches I know it needs to steep at least two weeks, better three weeks till it tastes the way I like it. Now, the coconut taste is still there, but it’s not so strong / dominant as yesterday. At the same time the milky part of the juice is at least recognizable. So maybe there is still some hope.

4 Likes

We all know it’s not one of the best creams, but I tasted worst… at what % did you use it??
You can’t just switch from TPA to FW at the same %… It’s not unusual to use coconut in a cream layer, I often use a 0.25% of FA Coconut with creams, like fruit recipes, but I’m glad the coconut started fading!

5 Likes

Hello

I did indeed just switch from TPA to FW. 4%. I mixed 100ml. What I can try is to take 10ml of the mixed juice, add VG / PG till Sweet Cream is down to 1.5% (?) and add the other flavors to reach the same percentages of them as before.

I think the FW variant is as well a thicker cream which I actually like in general. I wasn’t aware that the difference in taste between brands can be so big.

Makes that sense?

3 Likes

TPA uses Coumarin and Gamma Nonalactone in some of their creams and caramels that give me a Coconut note too. I have both the FW and TPA versions of Sweet and Bavarian Creams, and it’s definitely stronger in the FW versions for me. The difference in their Sweet Creams is pretty noticable.

5 Likes

Would you say the coconut note fades with time?

2 Likes

For me, slightly. They fade well in Cheesecake mixes.

3 Likes

Tried it with 1.5%. My conclusion, this flavor is terrible. All I smell is coconut. It’s that bad, I’ll never buy anything from Flavor West. It completely mutes all other flavors. Not even a hint of Strawberry Ripe or Sweet Strawberry left. 0. It might be only my taste buds, but it is what it is.

If someone likes coconut, this must be a fantastic flavor. They should call it Super Coconut Cream.

2 Likes