Sweet Tea? Anyone perfected it yet?

So, I get a message from a friend in New York who has decided to begin DIY. The first thing she asks for? A sweet tea recipe. The one thing I’ve never gotten down (and honestly because I never cared to try) I was hoping someone here had perfected a sweet tea I could share with her. If not I’ll force myself to do a trial and error mix that I really wouldn’t want to vape LOL

7 Likes

@authormichellehughes not to oversimplify …

Sweet Tea (OOO) 7% (4-1-18) – Sometimes something is GREAT when you eat or drink it, but when you vape it, you left wondering, “Why …”. This tester revealed the fact that I don’t think I like vaping “tea” flavors, BUT, and here’s the BIG one, it tastes JUST like Sweet Tea !!! It is important (unless an opinion piece) to not color a review by personal tastes, so I will not. My personal preferences aside, this flavor was dead, spot on. Nicely sweet, with an even mix of maybe two tea elements. Neither overpowering, nothing chemically or artificial tasting, but a very natural tasting sweet tea. Smelling it literally smells like you’ve just brewed a big pot, while it cools off before pouring it over ice. I’d swear you can almost taste the tannin. I think if you’re a sweet tea lover, this one will def. work for you. 10/10 .

10 Likes

Very interesting profile but Sod’s law for you Michelle being asked for the one flavour profile that you don’t use or particularly like the idea of. I personally don’t fancy the thought of vaping tea flavours even though I love nothing better than a nice hot cup of Yorkshire Tea with a dash of milk.

8 Likes

The first thing you need to ask is:
Hot or cold?
The next question is American or English?
Most American are based on black teas, or a blend (usually black and others). English runs the gamut though. Earl grey, Yorkshire (as mentioned) among a host of others. Twinings is an English brand that has a wide variety and can give you a jump off point for reference…

Anyways, good luck!
You’re going to need it! :laughing:

10 Likes

As a Scot my fav is Mystic Brews’ Lady Gray. A delicious blend of Black tea, Cornflower petals, Rose petals and Bergamot. Taken black no sweetener…mmmmmmm😋

9 Likes

I love to drink it too Lucas, but nope not my vaping profile at all which made it a funny request.

7 Likes

I’m from the South and I automatically think Southern Sweet Tea, but she isn’t LOL great call!

8 Likes

I have this flavor too (hangs head) I just never mixed it

5 Likes

I would suggest flv black tea or red tea with a dash of FA black tea for some bitterness.

4 Likes

My sister likes FA black tea @ 10% with no sweetener… Or maybe it’s half n half earl gray and black tea…? I’ve played with it a little. My suggestion would be:

FA Black Tea 7%
TPA Earl Gray 2%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5-1%

5 Likes

Sweet tea makes me think of tea they like in the southern states. Its basically American styled ice tea with lots of sugar.

9 Likes

That’s what most think IME.
Personally, it’s nasty AF. Most of the time, there’s so much sugar that I find it undrinkable.

When it comes to iced tea, I much prefer unsweetened, with a touch of lemon and a MAX of one or two packets/lumps of sugar.

Hot tea? It’s Lipton or Earl Grey with nothing else added.

I haven’t had the pleasure of Japanese Matcha. (true green tea)

4 Likes

Thanks so much for all the ideas!

4 Likes

When I visited family in the U.S back in the early 80’s my Aunt made me a cup of tea called Red Zinger which I found very nice. It’s a herbal tea that has a nice fruity flavour but not too sweet either. I also tried Twinings Jasmine Tea because my old idol Marc Bolan from T.Rex used to drink it but I think the novelty soon wore off and I learned that I don’t like floral flavours lol. I’m showing my age now lol.

5 Likes

if it makes you feel better I was born in the (very) late 80s & drank my grandmother’s Red Zinger tea growing up, so yummy! oh yeah & I love T. Rex/ Marc Bolan! You wouldn’t have showed your age to me (or my similarly aged Ramones/ TRex/ Bowie/ Sex Pistols loving friend group). You did however give yourself away with the early 80’s part :grin:

Thank you for this thread, I’m a tea drinker (mostly matcha but love all teas) & am really excited to try out some of the inspiration I got from here too! hope your recipe turns out fantastic OP, please share if it’s a winner :tea:

4 Likes

Try it…

Sweet tea tfa .75
Black tea fa 2
Black tea flv 1
Lemon juicy jf 1
Mandarin fa .55
Super sweet cap .9

4 Likes

Looks good Mikey!

3 Likes

Lol I was a teenager by the early 80’s and in spirit I still am sometimes, I just wish my body felt the same way about it :crazy_face:

6 Likes

If anyone like hot tea Earl grey, i have everyday vape, one of my favorite and easy to make. Most important i don’t like sweet juices, and this one 100% works for me!!! for the past 3 years.
best part??? no steeping :wink: you can vape next day
vg/pg: 90/10%
nic: 2%
Earl grey (TPA): 4%
Extreme Ice (FW): 0.3%
Menthol (FW): 0.2%

Sometimes i add different fruits:
+1% Peach or Pomegranate

6 Likes

I’ve tried a Black tea, but never got a taste of it
i may try with 7%, but looks like 2 much for me, could be 2 sweet :slight_smile:
but i’ll try

4 Likes