Sweetners and ethol

Anyone know if there is a difference with ethyl malthol and sweetner?

Yes, Ethyl Maltol isn’t a sweetener, though it brings out the inherent sweetness of some flavors. It also mutes flavors over time.

2 Likes

And “sweetener” typically refers to sucralose.

Hi, I am a newbie to wanting to make my own ejuice, and I see all to most of these flavors are sugar free, so I have to buy a certain product to give me some sugar lips? What’s it called and how do I know how much to add to make me happy, I suppose it is super concentrated right? Please let me know, I didn’t know how to post a separate post yet or I would have…I suppose there is a recipie forum here somewhere if I keep searching! Thank you

If something I make isn’t sweet enough on it’s own I will add either cotton candy, jawbreaker, or marshmallow to it. I’ve only tried a sweetener one time. Ended up tossing the juice, the sweetener, and the coil I tried it with. Just didn’t work for me.

I to was using Ethyl Maltol but now By suggestion of others I went to Walmart and picked up a little bottle I mean little lol of Pyure Liquid Stevia Sweetener and it has changed the game for me big time!
Before I was adding 1-2% EM to my mixes and now I just add .25% to my mixes which is equivalent to about 1 drop from the bottle for every 10-15 ml of juice it is very very sweet and needs to be used at a lower percent but it definitely brings out all the flavors in your mix and makes it smoother with a nice sweet after taste on exhale.

1 Like

EM can sweeten some tart flavors in my experience (or smooth them out) but to me its not very effective for use as a general sweetener. Better off using meringue or marshmallow as a sweetener.

1 Like

K great guys, big help thx

2 Likes