Switched to mixing by weight - thank you!

Based on advice I’ve read here, I finally broke down and bought an “American Weigh Scale” 500 g x 0.01 g accuracy scale from Amazon and made my first recipe using it. Clean-up is nowhere near the chore that it was when I was using volumetric mixing! And it is SO much faster, and much more accurate . . . and frankly, a lot more enjoyable. So, this is just a big “thank you” to this community for giving me the knowledge I needed.

13 Likes

So much simpler. :wink:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Think I am going to switch to weight pretty swiftly. only a week since I started and all the numbers are coming off my syringes already :frowning: looks soooo much easier

4 Likes

This is what makes this community so awesome, feel the love!

3 Likes

dude, I cannot tell you how much easier it is, and less messy, couldn’t recommend enough, (new convert :wink:)

4 Likes

After reading so much before I started mixing, I started by weight, so can’t really compare. But I will say I love it, and mixing and clean up is so fast and easy! I did order some syringes just in case, but the only thing I’ve used them for is to measure specific gravities of new flavorings if they can’t be found.