Syringe usage question

I used a scale for the first time yesterday! It is lovely.
Basic instructions: Please edit or add to this if you have more experience…

1. turn on the scale and make sure it is on a level surface, and make sure it’s reading in grams.
  2. Put your empty bottle on the scale.
  3. Press the Tare button so it reads zero.
  4. Add one of the flavorings according to the recipe by dropping it in if it has a dropper. Give the scale time to catch up and give the real weight.
    If the flavoring doesn’t have a dropper tip, I use a small cc scringe. I keep a little lid full of PG/VG nic base to clear the scringe. Between flavors, I rinse the scringe in sterile water that is in 3 small containers: 1) Dirty-est, 2) second one I rinse in and 3) 3rd one I rinse in. Then I dry the scringe a little on a tissue.
  5. Continue to add each flavor to fulfill the recipe. Then, add VG/PG nic base and fill it up.

BY THE WAY…I did an experiment today to steep ejuices I made yesterday using my oxygen machine. I now have some FW Cheesecake that I bubbled oxygen into for 30 minutes while it was in a warm-water bath. The other test bottle only was shaken and had it’s lid off overnight. I also put it in a warm-water bath for 30 minutes so the comparison would be accurate.
RESULTS: The ejuice that has the oxygen bubbled into it seems to be fully steeped. Like it has set for a couple of weeks. I should stir or shake the other bottle to make the comparison the most accurate possible. I should also try bubbling air only rather than oxygen and see if oxygen versus room air makes a difference.
Maybe a chemist would know if it would make a difference. One things for sure, in my house, this is the best way for me to steep.

I would think that adding that much oxygen to the mix would seriously degrade the nicotine.

That’s my big concern with using frothers and the like, but honestly, if the taste doesn’t go all skunky who really cares if it’s 3 mg/ml or 1.5 mg/ml? Not me. I think…

2 Likes

Congrats on you first scale mix.
Interesting speed steeping idea :bulb: it wouldn’t hurt to be able to sample untried complex combinations before going ahead with a batch of samples. Good luck with your experiments.

Meh…bought myself a precision scale which reads 0.01 grams only to find out that it doesn’t really read small differences.
One drop at a time doesn’t do anything. A few drops (4-5) in quick succession sometimes does.

1 Like

Mine reacts when I add a drop, then blow slightly on the scale - when it’s settled back, it has registered the change :slightly_smiling:

1 Like