Taking labels off of old store bought juices

are you UK?..and what size?

1 Like

Iā€™ve used Goof Off, orange oil, and boiling.

Goof Off was the easiest, most effective. Orange oil was more of a hassle but doesnā€™t leave me scrubbing the bottle with soap and water like the Goof Off (dunno if itā€™s toxic, but I assumed it was). Boiling was the funniest (and probaly least effective). About 10% of my bottles that Iā€™d saved for reusing were the kind of plastic you shouldnā€™t boil. You can tell this by the way they shrink and deform when heatedā€¦ :flushed:

3 Likes

i use goo gone its yellow liguid that wipes it right off then i wash inside then boils

i use hot water it does the job but if its stubbirn like raspberry or mango i will use hot water and a drop of dawn then scrub with bottle cleaner brush then cap it and shake like crazy rinse well with hot water i dont reuse the caps or droppers ive bought new caps for the bottles and transfer juice into unicorn bottles for use after steep

Pugs1970 yes Iā€™m uk 100ml and larger ie 200-250ml if they are made in that size

Acetone should remove the glue, pure or nail polish remover

1 Like

ah yeah, if it was 30ml I could point you in the right direction but all the 100ml glass I found were ball point PITA droppers.

1 Like

I scrape off as much of the label as I can then I use WD-40 to get the rest off

1 Like

Holy Balls guys!!! Thanks SO much, I knew I could count on my people, itā€™s an honor to belong to such a creative group of just good, wonderful human beings, I appreciate each and every one of you! Your integrity shines!!

4 Likes

@Pugs1970 @Wilkybob69 have you tried baldwins?

https://www.baldwins.co.uk

Or

http://www.ampulla.co.uk/search.asp?strKeywords=Glass+dropper&submit=Search

Grubby yes Iā€™ve tried Baldwins thatā€™s where I got my 100ml bottles from but they have the bulbous tip and the hole is too small for my mixes I will try the other one thanks

cheers Grubby, Ampulla actually look good for 30ml dropper bottles AND they do straight droppers for 100ml too, when I was searching for bottles last year all they did was ball point so good to know.
The 30mlā€™s actually work out about a quid less on an order of 50 inc shipping than my usual supplier, the only thing that worries me is that last year I bought a batch of 50 from another company and once some liquid got onto the thread of the bottle they actually undid themselves no matter how much you tightened them, I ended up giving refunds and apologies to people with very wet pockets :angry:
The only issue with using the 100ml glass bottles for mixing/steeping is I canā€™t get my mixer in there and thatā€™s just a PITA to be pouring from one bottle to another, more cleaning up and you lose liquid that way.
In an ideal world I would need a wide top glass 100ml bottle with a straight dropper but I just donā€™t think they existā€¦and of course then you have ā€˜no squeezingā€™ thing.
I think I have found my ā€˜happy placeā€™ with the plastic PET unicorns from Chefs Flavours, I can heat them in water with no ill effects, they donā€™t leak (think you may of had a defective batch Grubby) and the mixer fits in there, I also have tried different flavours in the same cleaned out bottles with no residual flavours being left behind, perfect. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve searched for a wide neck dropper bottle too and just canā€™t find one, I would like to get some 50ml bottles / jars with screw caps just for steeping then decant by pouring into smaller bottles when I want to vape, Iā€™ll order some more unicorns and try again, thanks for the info :smile:

2 Likes

Using hot water fixes the molecules, cold water works better. Itā€™s the same with washing your hands after cutting garlic, or for that matter removing stains out of clothes.

8 Likes

Oh, I didnā€™t know about that, thanks!

1 Like

Learn something new almost every day here. :smiley: Just finished pickling some jalapeƱos and my fingers smelled like garlic. Rinsed my hands with cold water voila garlic smell is gone. That works better than rubbing your hands on a stainless steel surface. Thank you!

5 Likes

You are very welcome, if I remember correctly, I got this nugget of information from this forum too :grinning:

1 Like

I must be the only oneā€¦ I leave the labels on. As long as the inside is clean, I really donā€™t care what the outside look like. Well, Iā€™ve gotten that way since I spent A LOT of time trying to get the labels off. It takes me long enough to clean the insidesā€¦

3 Likes

Heat em up with a blowdryer (while they are dry and you are not in the tub) and the label comes off with the glueā€¦no worries great for price stickers at Christmas time too.

1 Like

A blow torch and an angle grinder :thumbsup:

I havenā€™t had any real success with this method yet butā€¦you get to play with a blow torchā€¦and an angle grinder :nerd::thumbsup:

5 Likes