Tank problems

Hey so I’m rockin a crown III tank and coil but the tank is leaking (almost as bad as the titanic when she hit the iceberg) and I’m thinking I’m missing something like another seal as I know the tank shouldn’t be a leak to spin freely when the screw is tight so please help me before I get juice inside my work shirt pocket or any other pocket

3 Likes

Sometimes when you take the glass out of an rta, one or both seals stick to the glass. Then, when the seals see their chance to escape, they leap off the glass and make a run for it. Or they simply fall out of the o-ring groove when washing things. This sounds like what happened to you. There should be a seal on the top and bottom of the glass. If not, you will have a leak. The glass should not spin freely… ever. I don’t have a Crown III, but every tank I have ever purchased came with extra o-rings.

7 Likes

Ok that’s what I had a sneaky suspicion of ty for answering my silly question

3 Likes

Can you describe where your tank is leaking from? Many leaks happen at the air adjusting holes. In that case it’s time to replace the coil.

2 Likes

Figured it out had to change the flippin “O” ring on the bottom :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: god I felt like a giant terd

3 Likes

It was leaking from the bottom of the tank. But I’m such a freaking noobie that I didnt use freaking scientific logic (ie rubber melts when the glass surface no matter how big it is still gets hot) go I feel like an idiot)

3 Likes

We have probably all been there :wink:

3 Likes

Yup, yup, yup.

2 Likes

This was solved too easy. Ok, onto more disruptive tank problems
Story_2155574_ver1.0

4 Likes