Taste Testing Your DIY Eliquid

LOL I know my mod has TC but have no idea what tanks do or is it because of the mod that you have TC LOL this side I’m ignorant on… which is probably why I don’t build.

I like TC because of no dry, burnt hits. It gives a very even vape and it’s a wonder when changinging juice. There are several stock tanks that offer TC friendly wire in the coils. I’ve been using only Ti for a while and it works best for me.

2 Likes

Your snowwolf and your e vic mini both do tc.
Purchase some tc coils for your existing tanks and try the tc experience. :yum:

2 Likes

Some people are perfectly happy with vaping standard screw-in coils. I do this all the time with my TFV4. But I only do this on my device I take to work. Partially, because I love my Sigelei 150 that doesn’t do TC. But also for the convenience of not having to mess with anything while at work. My TFV4 with the quad coils is 100% hassle free, and gives me a good vape that is fine for me.

But at home, it is a different story. I have Ti in every one of my tanks except my new Alliance RDA, which will have Ti tomorrow. I used to build crazy fused claptons. But I haven’t done that since I started using Ti. I am contemplating revisiting the clapton builds again to compare the flavor vs Ti. But I remember when I switched to Ti I told myself I wouldn’t build any more claptons.

So if you are happy vaping with screw-in coils that’s great. But when you get ready to step to the next level, I think Ti is the way to go. Ti coils are so easy to build. And the help here is enough to make it an easy transition for anyone.

As far as testing goes, I have a dual build on my Velocity. If I am testing a bunch of recipes, I slip a short piece of cotton into each coil, just long enough to stick out a mm or so at the ends of the coil. That is enough to absorb enough juice for a good taste test. And if I want to add a few more drops it does the trick. Everyone has leftover tidbits of cotton. These work perfectly.

3 Likes

so that’s what the Ti stands for hahahah

So, a RDA with a single coil and cotton would be ok for testing my juice creations.
I have a old Jam RDA with about a year supply of Muji cotton pads.
Using the same coil build that I put in my tanks.
Would that work? Just starting out.

1 Like

Yup! I use an old UD IGO-W dripper with a single coil 1 ohm setup at 13 watts; run a quarter inch of cotton through the coil, juice it up and GO! Easy peasy!

Thanks for the rely. Thought if I use the same coil build ( 1.2 ohm ) and same watts would work.
And get some use out of the Jam.

1 Like

What I have found for testing a number of flavors back to back is if you use just enough cotton to stuff the coil you can drip enough to moisten the coil, burn it dry, and not end up with any juice in the juice well. So when you add new cotton, there is very little residual juice left over between tests. This works for me even in TC mode with Ti wire. I use large diameter wraps like 3-3.5mm so I can get enough cotton in there to hold a lot of juice.

titanium wire… element name …

Has anyone experienced a flavor change between testing on a dripper and vaping in a tank. I have published recipes based on a dripper test, only to retract the recipe after I loaded it in my tanks… no flavor.

Im with you there mate. I taste in tanks as i vape with tanks. No point using a dripper , it gives a different flavour profile.

1 Like

I don’t drip. I think it would be a cool feature on the site to have whether it was dripped or tanked LOL for the recipe

1 Like

Sometimes the difference is very subtle and sometimes it taste like a whole different juice. I think it depends on the flavors… not sure tho… so I test like I vape and I know what I have.

2 Likes

As I am new to vaping and my gear consists solely of a kangertech mini , I am clueless to all these set ups?
It is honestly like reading a foreign language! Lol
So my taste testing basically consists of putting a drip of the mix on the back of my hand and physically tasting it to get an idea of the flavour!
It can be a bit hit and miss but at this point in time it’s my only option I am afraid!
Hopefully I will secure full time employment soon and have the spare cash to invest in the build able coil set ups?

3 Likes

It just takes time @Chewy you’ll get there in the end, especially if you hang around here. :yum:

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying my time here reading various pots that lead me elsewhere in my recipe mixing, which has been a great benefit to me.
A long way to go I know but I will get there, or thereabouts! Lol

3 Likes

hi I am still very new to mixing myself and don’t have the nerve yet to do oral taste tests,(poison):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I just drip test on my little Nixon change cotton and do the next before I fill a tank.
I have 20 new 30ml mixes soaking at the moment and just started mixing 3 weeks ago,

Hope I am not being over zealous and trying to many things in my short mixing career.
I do have 35 years as a trained chef behind me so flavour mixing comes natural(((( I HOPE )))

1 Like

Lol!
I learned the hard way with tasting the concentrates!
What I do is add the flavours to the pg and then taste.
I get a better idea with regards strength and flavour mix.
Not perfect but what can I do? Lol

The following link to a topic on tasting might be of interest,

The second post by @Mofogger is especially interesting explaining/using the shot glass method.