Tea for the Soul 😎 What's in your kettle?

WTF is this?

3 Likes

@anon28032772 so was I. I can’t remember who turned me onto the Matcha, but once I was, and I experienced the nice, smooth, even caffeine boost, I was hooked. I don’t always have time to wisk one up, but when I do, I do.

4 Likes

Awww heck! :sweat_smile: @SessionDrummer … the slow release, awesome flow of caffeine through my system during long days at the theatre is gonna make me wanna try this for myself, very soon! Your word is your bond… I trust ya! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It is neither really good nor really affordable. Except for spiced tea blends where the tea quality is really secondary, the price of bagged tea is pretty much always higher than loose tea and it is pretty much always less good. It is convenient when you only have a mug and a kettle though :slight_smile:
Most full leaf teas don’t need straining when made in a pot.
A lot of the English tea bag are simply the lowest quality, bottom of the bag, broken to powder, assam tea blends which would be considered waste if it wasn’t in a 50 micron filter bag :slight_smile:

Get a mug with an integrated top filter, the cost about 5 USD/euro/GBP for a stainless steel thermos flask type, and it means you can keep tea with you all day long.
When I worked in an office, I had a transparent material that is probably not glass tankard which did the same.

5 Likes

Yeah… your body knows how to deal with real sugar. Particularly, your brain. Your brain has an “off switch” with real sugar… not so with the high fructose corn syrup.

I’m a fan of a little unrefined honey in my tea, when needed. Most time, my tea goes untouched by foreign substances. :wink: The British say that tea without milk or cream is uncivilized. :rofl:

5 Likes

My kid tells me on a daily basis Splenda will kill me LOL I remind her that sugar will kill me faster consider my sugar levels LOL

4 Likes

Moderation is the key. :wink:

I’m feeling like we need a thread about the effects of things we ingest into our bodies now… :sweat_smile: … see it coming out of this thread!

3 Likes

Yep, that’s all the tea I see nowadays. I have lost trust in regular bagged teas anyway.
Not to mention that my wife always likes to point out how they’re made and what sort of crap ends up in the tea bags. Not going into details here. google-fu if you like because I don’t want to disgust you. It’s kinda like when you see what goes into hotdog sausages, you’ll never eat them again :crazy_face: Actually being able to see the leaves and using those infusion cups is the way to go IMO, and it’s like you say cheaper too.

3 Likes

I don’t drink tea very often, but my wife has these and they’re pretty good on a cold day.

3 Likes

I only drink tea when I’m ill :face_with_thermometer: :sneezing_face:

4 Likes

…then my wish for you is… that you never need to drink tea! :joy:

5 Likes

That’s very high praise coming from you @Kinnikinnick.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Never seen you steer anybody else wrong! :smile:

3 Likes