Tea for the Soul 😎 What's in your kettle?

A Turkish friend of mine turned me on to his favorite tea blend. Needless to say… I’m hooked! :smiley:

Mixed with this:

Steeped in this:

Served in this:

With a touch of honey… Nirvana :sunglasses:

8 Likes

My daughter is the tea lover in our house. She get’s a monthly subscription to some tea website last month we did Eggnog tea which I actually loved but she hated.

5 Likes

Nope, I’m definitely not a hot tea drinker, but I do like Arizona Green Tea cold, gotta love that High Fructose Corn Syrup additives!

3 Likes

Hehe @Rocky02852. Man, I used to be like “whatever” when it came to high fruc, and I remember all the damn commercials of a farmer’s wife, wandering through a corn field, explaining how if used in moderation high fruc was just the same, blah, blah, blah.

I don’t know why, but I started researching, and found direct connections to hammering your liver and leaky gut syndrome. Subsequently, I went back to sucking down real sugar. The wife only buys sugar in the raw now, as she has banned the processed “white devil” as she calls it.

5 Likes

A Turkish Ceylan rarely disappoints, it is just down to the fact that it will not be bought locally otherwise. Event the cheap 500g bags tend to have subtle leaf taste and light floral notes. You can adjust temperature between 80-90C to get different tastes out.
I like oolong a lot myself, which I recently found out goes well with dry cider. Many of the cheap oolongs found in Chinese shops are just fine.
See, I used to have access to a tea wholesaler stocks, and I am not paying 5x for old tea kept in bad boxes as much as I like a spring green tea.
Might spend money on Lu an gua pian if it crosses my path. This one is nice cold brewed for 24h as well as anywhere from 55 to 75 degrees. Also nice with multiple short brews.

Let’s not forget herbal infusions and decoctions, vebena for the first is always a winner, rosemary is top of my list for the second, but it is an acquired taste. I also have a vebena, honey, rosemary and bergamot that I really like.

Finally, for blends, a well done earl grey is always a pleasure. Not surprisingly, one of my favourite recipe is somewhat similar, black tea and grapefruit. Also a nice jasmine tea is a good experience. The little ball shape version if fresh and stocked in good condition is a real pleasure. This is not a type of tea that takes mediocre blending well.

5 Likes

I got my kid this one but she won’t take it out of the box LOL

5 Likes

My daughter would :heartbeat: LOVE that tea pot! She’s such a fan of anything Pott-er! (pun intended! :joy:)

4 Likes

Obviously mine too. She’s decided to collect tea pots now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was always told to drink tea when I got sick and then I overdid it so badly that I can’t stand then flavor anymore, even 15 years later…

But I do have a wife who’s into teas and she appreciates the finer teas, not so much the lower qualities. Whenever we pass a shop, we can’t go by without her having a look inside.

If there’s one thing I can always make her happy with, it’s some good quality macha.

She usually orders straight from Japan because locally prices are just ridiculous if you want some kind of quality. And yes, she has all the authentic utensils as well.

Teas … just another one of these things that opens a rabbit hole you can get completely lost in. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn’t just open a coffee and tea shop :crazy_face: I’ll do the coffees and she can do the teas.

6 Likes

@anon28032772 now you are talking my language. Straight from Japan, wisk it, nice even, and earthy.

3 Likes

It’s not my cup of tea though :stuck_out_tongue:
(sorry for the pun)

5 Likes

Sooo many benefits of matcha …

5 Likes

No price comparison between the grades? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@anon28032772 It’s in that pic, $14.00 - $65.00 per 20 grams depending …

4 Likes

I’m currently hooked on Grace, but I switch around a bit…

3 Likes

Sorry, was too small to read from the pic.
But yeah, it’s really expensive stuff… I was brought up with the regular affordable teas from Lipton or Twining :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SuperFrog … such a desire to pick your brain and gain knowledge! :sunglasses: And one day I will. However, you’ve given me plenty to research :eyes: in just one post on this thread. I love learning about new things which make life a little more happy! :grinning:

6 Likes

I drink a minimum of at least 3 cups a day:
https://www.dollartree.com/all-natural-premium-black-tea-bags-100ct-bags/200134

4 Likes

I love this tea during the day:

And this after dinner:

5 Likes

Geez I haven’t seen Billy Tea for donkeys!

5 Likes