Tech Help Please

Im saving for a new car , so this is just bad freakin timing. Clases start next mmonth so i may have to buy a new one.::cry::cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes

You donā€™t need a ā€˜newā€™ one.

In order:

I am running a Ā£99 x210 and it is fine a note taking laptop, is small and while not the most recent thing, has a really beautiful keyboard.

• Find a good deal for a bottom range model or a warehouse deal and save another bunch.
2 Likes

Thank you. Ill contact HP now My extended warranty ran out two months ago.

1 Like

Ugh, of course it did!!

What model is it, and where approximately do you live? Like, city if you want to say.

2 Likes

Its an HP 15. I live in WNY. Buffalo to be exact. Do you live close to NY?

1 Like

@robin, I agree, could be the onboard video chip, ribbon cable/hinges, or LCD monitor.

Iā€™m not. I was going to scour craigslist in Buffalo but that model isnā€™t specific enough. Looking for something more specific, like HP-TPN-I120. Usually the model number is on the bottom. I was going to see if there were any parts laptops there for cheap.

2 Likes

Th HDMI doesnt fit into my laptop. What kind of cord should i buy.? Im going tp run out to office depot

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to depend on the laptop model again. That will tell us how it is equipped.

2 Likes

@robin if you have to replace it I highly recommend these folks. I have several laptops that my guys take in the field and I was not going to give them high dollar new ones to trash! Have had them well over a year and have not had a problem with any of them. Also have purchased desktops from them as well. Typing on one as I am writing this.
I wish you good luck but this is just a thought for us budget minded folk!!
www.blairtg.com

3 Likes

If itā€™s just to check if the video card worksā€¦ ask them nicely to hook it up for you right there and thatā€™ll save you a purchase you donā€™t really need.

4 Likes

Sorry Phil i had to reboot a few times to get back on.
The model is 15-db0051od

1 Like

Thank you.

2 Likes

Wow, their prices are outstanding !!!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an integrated video cardā€¦ so doubtful that thatā€™s the issue (processors rarely break).
Unless itā€™s the motherboard or the screen itself, I doubt this would be an expensive thing to fix.

3 Likes

Donā€™t apologize, makes me feel bad! So as always with the internet, I have no way of knowing if this will be a perfect fit, but I do see:

According to the HP website, this is the display on your laptop. But again, if you decide to go this route, please verify the part number first! I would hate to hear it is not the right one after you get it.

Not exactly bargain-basement cheap but something to consider if you do feel the urge to DIY the swap. I get a sense that you would greatly prefer to have it done at a shop, guaranteed with warranty, etc though.

2 Likes

Hopefully my local shop will give me an honest solution. Thanks Phil for your help. Il also contact the seller on ebay and tell them my issue. Maybe they too ,can offer some advice. This Shit is just frustarting and now my laptop randomly shuts off

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help.

2 Likes

If it turns out to be hardware and you replace the monitor, be sure to ask for the old one back unless thereā€™s a core charge. It is always good therapy to take the deceased part and beat it into as many pieces as possible. Helps me, anyway.

2 Likes

They are a really good company and will stand behind every unit they sell. They also offer extended service plans. I noticed you mentioned your LT shutting down for no reason! I would limit its use until you have it checked out! Also if you havenā€™t done it yet, it may be wise to burn a backup of everything before itā€™s to late! May save you some aggravation and additional expense if you had to have someone do a data recovery!

3 Likes