Tech Help Please

Yeah, he seemed kinda sketchy but unfortunately, I am completely illiterate when it comes to tech stuff. Thank God I have you guys on my team because i just may have a bit that bullet. Although when I asked him to explain to me how my fan, VID card, and processor could all go bad at the same time, he instantly got an attitude and told me he was to busy to explain each component to me. I will NEVER go back to that shop again. If I buy a refurbished or a used laptop I will definitely get an extended warranty Once I transfer all of my data on to the external hard drive I may try to troubleshoot and fix it myself. I really donā€™t have anything to lose at this point. Also, is there a way to transfer my complete C drive onto the hard drive without having to transfer each item one by one? I tried to highlight and right click the whole C drive but nothing will transfer. If I transfer one item at a time it works fine. Doing it that way will take me forever.

2 Likes

The cooling paste suggestion was a good one too, I got a few more years off of an older laptop (no HDMI, had to use VGA) by replacing it.

4 Likes

There are a few shops here, The other two told me they were backed up and it could take a couple weeks before they got to my laptop. Ive decided to buy a new or fairly new one. I still may try to tinker, trouble shoot and try to fix it. If it works, great. If not , hopefully Iā€™ll learn a few things.

5 Likes

You canā€™t just highlight files and copy them because some files are in use and as a regular user, you donā€™t have permission to just access all system files. You also donā€™t need to back up installed software and windows system files.
You should really be fine by just using the Windows Backup feature, unless you know that youā€™ve put personal files in odd places. If you always choose the default location for most things, then those will be backed up by the standard Windows Backup software. On the destination machine you can use Windows Backup again to restore everything.

3 Likes