Terminology clarification

I’ve been called many things but never a nerd. :joy:

3 Likes

We have 510 threads on connection, and 510 sizing on drip tips.
Per the inexpensive calipers on my desk:
The 510 connection (male) is approx. 6.8mm dia x 3.2mm long and 5.5 threads.
There are also short or flat 510 connectors on some tanks.

The 510 sizing drip tip (male) is 8.5mm dia x 5.4mm long.

Both referred to as ‘510’ but nothing in common.

To the best of my knowledge the term ‘510’ originated as a proprietary fitting [size]
on the first JoyeTech to use it…the Janty Dura or the TW Titan.

1 Like

hmm…so we have no idea WHAT 510 means…

Look at Pattie, show off! :smiling_imp: No, I know what most of those numbers and acronyms refer to, I just don’t know if they are something assigned arbitrarily or actually mean something.

We’re digging deep here, man.

@Ozo is that a fear of hippos?

3 Likes

Yep…hippos…like paraskavedekatriaphobia is a fear of parakeets. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Oh puhleeeease! It can’t be that simple.

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

So yeah, hippos
But then it’s hippotomonstro
So it’s a hippo that turns into a monster. Who wouldn’t be scared as shit about that?
Then esquipped, so equipped with what?
alio - must be short for aliens

A hippo that turns into a monster and runs around with aliens - phobia. Yeah, I’d be afraid of that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering as [quote=“ozo, post:24, topic:57252”]
paraskavedekatriaphobia
[/quote]

does not have the same mumbo jumbo between para and phobia. I knew enough to know I am probably being messed with, but I am old enough to suck it up and just keep quiet about it.:grinning:

Plus I am a brevis-vocabulum-o-phobic, so I appreciate what he’s saying.

2 Likes

Happy to know you get the humor. I’m harmless but sometimes people take me the wrong way. All love all the time brother!!!

Hey, I just sat here and whipped up a magnagasmic liquid using some RY4, creams and berry. Holy shit balls I think its going to be great after a steep. Keep your eyes peeled for Tobecacre (pronounced toe buh cock er) or however else you want to say it :slight_smile: I’m starting to get slap happy trying to come up with new, creative juice names.

1 Like

HAHA…roger that.

My humor translates horribly to text, so no worries there.

Holy shit balls INDEED, that sounds like a good one. I have a RY4 dubble and Hazel working. Not sure on that one.

Yeah my creation last night around 2:30am or so got dubbed “Garden Stroll” so…you know I was getting funky. It has cucumber, honeysuckle and teensy bit 'o mint innit. Honestly can’t wait to pull it out of my Curing Cave in a week or so. I have only had one semi-success out of like…5 or 6 … at least 5 or 6. I did have a decent one “Dragon Milk” with Dragonfruit and a few creams innit. Not too bad…was actually able to vape after a long whip and time for the bubbles to settle. I am using high flavor % but my batches are coming out either …just blah and muddy…or in some cases (played with clove) they burned me up. Lost a whole batch of chai tea and cloves to the drain. Not about the money, just reorder time etc.

At least I know the drain in my sink is working just fine :smiling_imp:

Question: Do you use the couple drips in a shot glass mixed with couple drips of water or PG/VG? It sounds awesome, I could get a better sense of the flavors than just smell. Or at least get one more sense involved. Not that I don’t trust the author of the idea, just wanted to air out the idea…

Honestly I’ve all but quit trying to taste flavors by any other method than vaping them. I’ll mix up a 5ml batch of stand alone for most everything in my usual PG/VG ratio of 30/70. I’ll let it sit a day or so and give it a little taste on a dripper, then just take mental notes. Emphasis on mental! I find lately I’m far too busy for anything else, and even that gets less and less attention. If it’s an obvious mix only type (you know, that Organic Burnt Sugar @Amy2 is waiting on me to better review :slight_smile: ) I hardly ever do a solo test with them, rather add to something I already have a mental note on and try to discern the affect it has. Sure it’s not very scientific but I don’t have time for other methods these days.

So I think I have a good mix on my hands and if you have the flavors and want to try it, here’s the one I just whipped up. Let me say though it’s only been about 1 hour so unless Jim Croce can hand me some time in a bottle, it may change significantly over the next couple of weeks.

Tobecacre (SthrnMixer Original) : Check cookies

3% Bavarian Cream (LA)
2% Boysenberry (Flavorah)
8% RY4 Double (TPA)
2.5% Vanilla Custard (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 15.5%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

it’s weird…for some reason when I click on links like this : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/543280/TBCC+Tobecacre+%28SthrnMixer+Original%291

it opens up a list but not the one that has your recipe. Is it because I am not a full member?

I have your totals though, going to add a couple ingredients to my new order, if it is getting the thumbs up.

Thanks! Need all the help I can get :slight_smile:

It does that because it’s a private recipe. Once it’s made public then links will work. Sorry about that.

oh ok…thought maybe it was me. Thanks again!

Pattie beat me to it explaining the 18650. Good job bro. Haven’t thought about the term steeping for a long time. Think you guys are right steeping ( low temperature heat) . So I have not been steeping been putting my juice in a curing or ageing cabinet. I like it TY

1 Like

I’m using that

1 Like

@UncleTopher @SthrnMixer

2 Likes

:smiling_imp: So long as you call it “Topher’s Patented Curing Cave”, and fill out a couple forms, very cool.

@ozo holy moly someone made a song …and I think I have time on my hands…lol.

Not to be out-sung…

2 Likes

he could be a rap star! Singing/talking so fast. Except he isn’t dropping F Bombs and talking about bitches and ho’s and shooting people.

And we can understand him.

2 Likes

Maybe you can just use the word ‘protein’…
This will give Bayer aspirin a friggin’ headache !!