Testing flavors

I’ve got French Vanilla CAP (v1 & v2)
It’s not a custard but more a rich ice cream flavor, not exactly what I’m looking for. Since I’m getting pepper from all TPA custard and VBIC, I haven’t given the FV a chance.

4 Likes

@anon28032772

The graph is just a visual representaion and eaiser to understand what’s involved. If I test low 1-4% yes I weigh it out. But @ ^ %'s . I just keep the base in a bowl of hot water add the few drops base n 1 drop flavor, plunger it back and forth a few time with a syringe to mix and SF test it.

3 Likes

You guys have talked so much about different things that I’m completely freaking lost lol. I’m trying to master a beautiful crunch berries and can’t seem to find what works best. Frustrated

4 Likes

Put your flavor notes here and what you taste/feel/smell of these crunch berry thing and someone else will be here to help you. Im not a big AP lover.

3 Likes

It doesnt have any pepper notes like tPA van custard to me (I tasted that pepper note, and i found that 1 month steep at least, could lose it). And yes, it is lighter than cap vc1, but I think it could hold up against cap vc v2

5 Likes

Silhouette also use it as van custard because she’s sensitive to pepper notes too, I think. She might be able to explain better to you.

2 Likes

Yea I just watched something it got great props.

"Really dark, spicy vanilla, really heavy cream without any sort of eggy custard, very buttery, very bold and strong and silky smooth "

3 Likes

Somewhere we crossed wires, or I did it all by myself, but I am like you and more about the flavor and not mouthfeel.

I should have said for “me” custard is more texture than flavor in most custards except the HC Egg Custard, which that has both texture and flavor but my love for it is the flavor. I have envy towards you for being able to taste the egg note in concentrates that I cannot.:wink: They taste more on the buttery side to me.

5 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches
Thank you

@anon28032772
Why are you pinggin me? I never got into a custard discussion.

4 Likes

sorry, should’ve been delltrap… got confused, nvm, i’ll stop derailing the thread :smile:

4 Likes

I hear that, brother. Long ago, in a syringe far far away when I began mixing, I was completely confident that all I needed was a few ‘flavors’ and I could make a spot-on recipe with complete ease. “All I need is a squirt of strawberry, a dash of butter cream, and a splash of yogurt and I’ve got this mixing thing down, easy.” When that obviously did not work after a few months and too many disappointing vapes, I got very frustrated and my motivation went to hell. I could not figure out why it was not as easy as it seemed it would be. It wasn’t until I finally admitted to myself it was not as easy and I was not as good as I thought I was that I finally took the time to do it right. Motivation was a huge problem for me, especially because I knew it would take TIME to figure this stuff out, and I really lost the patience due to so many early failures (thanks largely to ignoring the help that exists here on the intertubes).

You’ll get it back, and you’ll rocket ahead wildly to a great place soon enough. You’re already turning a corner just by the fact that you’re here in this thread.

7 Likes

TYVM completely understand.

Im the mean time of learning the right way. Ive found a few gems doing it the wrong way.

This is the second Falvour Art flav that is plesently surprizing at ^ %'s

I know things can get bad way up. But when I cranked Ace Pazzo (FA) to 15% I got smells like opening a cedar chest with moth balls. no chems the real deal, like being transported in a time machine back to the 1940’s

Can’t say Im not going to go back and revisist that and try to make it work It was kinda nice! Crank those FA’s up and see what you discover. :rofl:

3 Likes

so here’s a question that I have for you guys. you have more exp than me. ok so I went to a vape shop and bought a bottle of cuttwood unicorn milk and of course I made a bottle of it here at home…i followed the recipe step by step and so I put cuttwood in one tank and my recipe in another tank and gotten more feedback from the cuttwood than the one I followed here on elr

1 Like

it doesn’t make any sense to me that I sent here and make my own juice and never get any feedback but yet the second I go to a vape shop and buy a bottle of something then everyone says…damn that smells good…what is that? …I am bothered by this…it actually pisses me off in a lot of ways. its to where it has me not wanting to mix anymore because I never hear any good feedback about the stuff I make and I let it steep for a month.

everyone says SWEETENER is the answer but honestly…I disagree with that. I think there is more too it then what others say

1 Like

That’s because making a 1:1 clone of a juice is very hard to do. One flavor compound can change a mix. Also, some companies use propritary flavors or flavors that just aren’t readily available or are doing something we just can’t determine.

But cloning is just a game and diy is a hobby. Personally I have been working on a clone for three years. Not even close.

4 Likes

im talking about the guy they call…cuttwoodspy…I did his recipe and something doesn’t seem right here.

1 Like

I even found out myself that cuttwood uses only capella. they don’t use all the different brands. I like how they stick with one brand and is able to make some juice that is out of this world.

1 Like

im not a fan of the new tops either … especially now that a person has to cut the tip … one wrong cut you no longer have a tip at all

3 Likes

My came cracked from the start and the flavor name easily wipes off. Ive never seen thing like it. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

what recipes are you using ??? i actually take a lot of my stuff into local vape shops and share … most people are impressed , i do occasionally get someone saying not enough sweetener , but thats rare …

2 Likes