TFA Butterscotch steeping time

I made a 30 ml bottle of TFA Butterscotch on 9-7-16 just tried it not great I think it doesn’t taste like butterscotch to me I used 15% does butterscotch take longer then 4 weeks to steep or is TFA’s butterscotch just crap?
right now I’m not impressed :neutral_face:

I’ve never used it so I can’t speak on it’s reputation. However when I look it up on the ELR flavor search it comes up as a 10.8-11% suggested usage as a Stand alone flavor. At 15% your likely experiencing too much flavor which doesn’t taste good either like using too little of flavor.

Try increasing your batch size not adding anymore Butterscotch then adding something like a vanilla 1-2 or a cinnamon at 1% this may help. I don’t know what’s in your stash to be able to help.

3 Likes

Hey Amy
I just tweaked my butterscotch juice I added 14 drops of YFA French Vanilla I like it!:smiley:

3 Likes

Well good ! I recommend ( from a friend stand point ) loading your flavors into ELR that way when your building a recipes you can click on the flavor link and it will lead you to the suggested ratio http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/1027 of the flavor that a way you learn where to stay in the range % wise and you can start to learn the flavor %s you like best.

Learning each flavor and what it pairs well w/ is a lot of the fun ! Glad your liking your Butterscotch !

1 Like

Thanks Amy I will

2 Likes

Butter Cream also goes really well with butterscotch

3 Likes

Try using the cosmic calculator to reduce the flavor from 15% to 12%, or even lower if it is 0 nic

4 Likes

Hey Cosmic

Thanks!

1 Like

I have never tried BS as a single flavor but I have a ton of recipes I have tested and/or vape regularly with FW and TPA ButterScotch that I love. The favorites so far are of course the Deadly Sin clones by @kriga

I know what you mean. Could see:

1 Like

this has already been hacked and I’m vaping it right now. Tasty and spot on. I ate alot of these as a kid, thanks @Ken_O_Where! Soo super easy, but needs a little steep time

4 Likes

Glad you enjoy, Bo. :slight_smile:

That recipe is quite old, made for older generation devices. Butter Rum is pretty strong stuff so one could cut down the % a bit.

Butter Rum is one of my favorite flavorings from them, so rich and creamy. Makes great candy too!

3 Likes

BoDarc,thanks for posting Ken’s recipe. Just bought LA BR last order and haven’t had time to try it. Will give Ken’s recipe a try. If I can remember, will post my results.

2 Likes

Butter Rum (LA) is perfect with any Custard base. This morning I loaded a half full tank of @Ken_O_Where’s Butter Rum Candy with some of @daath’s G Vanilla Custardy II. Ohh yeaah Dulche del Leche and some more vanilla? I feel a recipe coming on :wink: the “G” is for Gangsta!

2 Likes