TFA cotton candy vs. TFA sweetener

What is the difference? and how do they compare to ethyl maltol? Need someone smarter than me to answer this please. I own ethyl maltol and cotton candy, but want to try a couple recipes that call for TFA sweetener.

1 Like

Cotton candy is ethyl maltol (EM). Sweetener is sucralose.

2 Likes

Well, thats easy then. When i buy ethyl maltol from nude or other vendors it says 10% EM. Is TFA cotton candy also 10% EM?

1 Like

Yep, same thing :smile:

1 Like

If you’re looking to sweeten your juices EM over time mutes flavours.

I’ve found using Marshmallow under 2% (thanks @ringling ) helps to sweeten without muting the flavours.

But as @daath has said EM and cotton candy are one and the same.

CMJ

3 Likes

Perfect. I have marshmallow. Thanks for the clarification guys.

3 Likes

Sweetner also tends to gunk up your coils faster. I dont use sweetener or EM often. I do use marshmellow quite a bit, it lends a slight sweetness and a smooth, moist ‘feel’

3 Likes

Yes, correct, it does add a certain mouth felt texture as well. IT’S NOT JUST FOR SWEETNESS ANYMORE…lol

3 Likes

Hi. In this recipe http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/249820/Rocketman%20Clone%20(But%20Better)
say "Sweetener (Ethyl Maltol/EM)"
what it is? sweetener (sucralose) of ethyl maltol?

1 Like

It is Ethyl Maltol…used as the 'sweetener’
If it was “Sweetener” it would be listed as Sweetener (TFA)

1 Like

There are two types of TFA Cotton Candy the ordinary TFA Cotton Candy and TFA Cotton Candy (Circus)

I prefer the circus version as it has a hint of raspberry/berries to it and works better as an enhancer/sweetener because of this in certain fruit mixes for my tastes

1 Like