TFA Dairy Milk vs FA Condensed Milk

I use dairy milk with creams in bakery or dessert recipes and I like the thickness it adds after a week or so of steeping. I’ve got fa condensed milk coming probably today and want to give it a try. Just curious what the difference is between the 2 if they even compare.

1 Like

Condensed milk FA is about 100x more concentrated and is more ( from many ppl’s opinion ) more like "powdered Milk " it takes about 1 drop per 10 mls for me to achieve that milky finish versus 0.5-0.75% Dairy Milk TFA which isn’t bad for me but that doesn’t mean everyone’s ratios are that low. A lot of ppl say they make a 10% dilution of the FA Condensed milk in order to use it more freely. I like it and it works, but it does smell stinky off the bottle luckily that doesn’t transpire into the recipe thou. I bet you’ll love it.

1 Like

Cool. It sounds like it would be really good. I’ve got a few cereal recipes it would prolly go well with. Also I bet custards are good with it too. Me and @DarthVapor have a cream fetish so I’m always looking for something new to feed the addiction.

2 Likes

I’m with ya too, love the cream ! It’ll be perfect for you then. You’ll know when you’ve over done it…it won’t let any other flavors play so keep it lower so the other flavors can come thru nicely. I like it literally 1 drop per 10 mls but have seen other ppl using it a tad higher.

1 Like

Yes it’s extremely potent so be careful. It won’t taste like you think it will or at least not like sweetened condensed milk. It’s more like condensed milk or as Amy says, powdered milk. So if you’re going for the sweetened condensed milk taste, you’re going to have to use a sweet cream or another sweetened cream flavor with it. It will combat the dry powdered milk taste and give it a sweetened condensed taste

3 Likes

Thank you for being really clear about how it tastes!

2 Likes