Tfa guava stinks to high heaven!

Just got tfa guava . oh my god it smells like cat pee. !!!

1 Like

Yes it does! I was gifted about 20 flavors from a friend who never could get into DIY.I brought the box home and put it with my stash of flavors in the closet.The next day I started getting this weird cat pee smell.I found the tfa guava with the lid not tight.That was almost a month ago and I haven’t built up the courage to mix with it yet!

2 Likes

There isn’t much information on the flavor details page for Guava (TPA), and @DIY_Dave seems to be the only high rate, perhaps he can help?

There seem to be a few promising recipes though!

2 Likes

When I first smelt it I was like, hmm,citrus, banana, a li’l evergreen, grass clippings, and sweaty armpits lol. 1% is about as high as you want to go with it.

With Devil’s Haircut It was really tart and I used some honey dew to push the Guava back a bit.

Tfa Honey Dew is another one that’s easy to get away from you and overpower your other flavors. A week after I added the honey dew and its smooth but it still has that exotic “every fruit” flavor.

When I exhale it makes my mouth water (taste-bud orgasms), :stuck_out_tongue: so I’m happy with it.

3 Likes

If you ever use Medicine Flower Guava wait till you smell that, the aroma fills the house with the smell of cat piss, when you first open it

Nice finished flavour bit like a cross between Pear and a red berry I found and the vapour produced doesn’t smell either.

1 Like

Hmmm. I am going to count this as a mixed review on Guava (TPA). The worst I have is Perique (FA) which smells like rotten jalepenos unsteeped. Cat pee. . .well, there isn’t much worse. Yuck.

1 Like

You know how when you give a baby a taste of lemon, they make that face like , what the heck did I just taste, but then they are reaching for more. I’m the same way with some funky flavors and smells. Like the smell of a dead skunk that’s been steeping on the highway, it makes my mom gag , but I start taking deep breaths lol. tfa guava tastes like a funky citrus to me, tfa passion fruit tastes like guava + honeysuckle, and kiwi double tastes like passion fruit with some banana. So far the only flavor I have thrown away was crispy bacon. It smelled like generic bacos bacon “flavored” bits, nothing like bacon.

1 Like

I’m with you on the crispy bacon…only flavor I’ve ever thrown away also, including TPA’s black sesame which still sits untouched at the back of my drawer. LoL. To me it smelled like a mix between dog food and a dirty bathroom.

I have 30ml of that unopened and 30ml of white sesame too. I’m hoping to make some rose halwa or something with the latter.

@DIY_Dave. . .you are not making a compelling case to try your recipes, lol. I once met a girl that squatted on some land in the bitterroot mountains for a few years. She lived off of roadkill and occasionally ate skunk. She said that the meat was “spicy.” If you are single I’ll see if I can find her, well, her GPS coordinates. Haha.

1 Like

Ummmn. Yeeeah … . …no thanks anyway. I’m thinking I’ll probably throw it out . The bottle smells bad enough to justify it. Since quiting smoking I’m kinda hyper sensitive to odors. I can smell a someone who has recently smoked from like twenty feet away. Actually quietly tested this in Walmart. Lol.

1 Like

In South Africa (Sorry to Lower the tone) but a Guava is a nickname for the part that Trump Grabs …
so it is only fitting it should smell like that !

4 Likes

love the new pic

2 Likes

Thanks, His name is Kook, he is a Crested Normal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had to google Crested Normal . Is he a Crested Zebra Finch like pictured here? You have a beautiful bird regardless.
http://www.efinch.com/species/crestzeb.htm

1 Like

Yes, Zebra Finches come in many mutations.
Normal in this case is a “normal” or standard Zebbie, chest bars, grey back, black n white striped tail, white belly, polka dot flanks, orange cheeks, black & white teardrops … pretty much like they have been shopping in a thrift store and bought loads of mismatched fabrics
I have a Chestnut Flanked White, a Penguin (yes it is a zebbie mutation) a black faced black breasted, a black cheeked, a normal, a pied, a fawn, a crested normal in the males, and the hens are hard to tell as they rarely have anything like as clear markings as the cocks. All in all we have 16 Zebras and 2 bengalese, they are not confined to a cage and fly around the bedroom all day :slight_smile: (they are caged at night to stop them taking flight in the dark and injuring themselves)
Thanks @BoyHowdy they are the best relaxation in the world just watching them !

2 Likes

PS, you caught me out on the fact that my profile pic is downloaded from t’internet and not actually kook after all :sweat:
Embarrassed now! I will replace the pic later with one that is definitely mine. as you caught me out you can choose:
Ziggy, Tommy, Aladdin, Starman, Kook, Diamond or Sandy, but not Spaceboy as I don’t have a pic of him yet

1 Like

what a hoot! i saw that there is a pink guava flavor too. guess its only fitting that a south african guava should be pink

1 Like

That was not my intention , and there is nothing to be embarrassed about! However if this brings about you showing us pictures of your flock I am all for it!:grin:
Are far as picking one , I would not know where to start!

3 Likes

@Kalahariuk can we have a different one each day? Start a new thread! :+1:

3 Likes

The flavorah pink guava smells very strong not like pee but right on grapefruit smell and really strong it is the only flavor I can smell now in my supplies i can smell it from about four feet away from then sealed bottle and in a boot box with about 90 other flavors and the only one I can smell is flavorah pink guava except it smells and tastes like pink grapefruit. At liest it doesn’t smell like cat piss like the tfa description you guys gave us.