TFA Rainbow Drops (NF)?

If you had to choose between TFA’s Rainbow Drops, or their Rainbow Drops (NF), which one would you buy? I’m having a hard time truly understanding the difference (especially since the price isn’t the same). I want to buy what I did last year (not the NF) that way I don’t risk my skittles recipe tasting different.
Is there really a difference between them? Or just one has less alcohol than the other… Thanks!

4 Likes

You answered your own question. I never tasted the NF. NF flavors are more concentrated so you use less flavor in a mix. You seem to want stability where NF might not be around to purchase or find easily. I would stay with TFA.

5 Likes

To be honest I thought NF stood for Non Flammable and is something to do with the legalities of air freight? I could be wrong.
Personally I’ve not tried that one but have tried Capellas Sweet Strawberry in both iterations and couldn’t tell any difference.
If I’m barking up the wrong tree I apologise.

4 Likes

The cap one is Sweet Strawberry RF (Reduced Flashpoint) which was done for air freight as you say. Have not heard of TFA doing similar, but others may know…

4 Likes

NF = Nature Flavors
Bull city flavors was selling these. Put them on special and they discontinued selling. They are no longer listed.

5 Likes

Unless your buying Large quantities stick with what you have been using,
The Regular can only be shipped ground in larger quantities due to being flammable, probably alcohol based ?

NF = non flammable for this TFA flavor

4 Likes

See that’s what I thought as well, that the (NF) stood for non flammable. But if it’s going to taste different, then I don’t want to take that chance. Just in case it messes up the recipe n all.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Interesting and makes sense. I have not heard of NF flavours from TPA before, but obviously they do them for the same reason as CAP Sweet Strawberry RF.

2 Likes

Y’all. After waiting a week to buy flavors. Making sure I had it all perfect. I JUST noticed that my bottle actually IS the NF from TFA. Not the regular. I bought the regular kind :woman_facepalming: Now to hope there really isn’t much difference taste wise, and it doesn’t ruin the recipe …

3 Likes