TFA Super Sweetener?

Hello All,
I’ll preface, I have only been mixing for about a year and want to say, what a great community this is and I would not be doing it without all of you.
Now I just received another order today. I received 30ml of TFA Super Sweetener. I did order from DIY Vapor Supply so it comes with their label.
The question is, does anyone know if this is the same as TFA Sweetener or is this “Super Sweetener” a different formulation. I did not find the “Super” version on the TPA website or on other sites either.
Thanks for the help

3 Likes

TPA have Sweetener. Super Sweetener is Capella.
Welcome, @Stoichiometry , have fun.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply,
Yes, that’s exactly what I thought. This new bottle clearly states " The Flavor Apprentice Super Sweetener" maybe it’s just the way they printed the label , but it is also how it is displayed on their website.
Ill give it a try at 2% by itself. I should be able to tell the difference between Cap and TFA.
Thanks again

1 Like

Is actually TPA @delltrapp you are mixing it up with Cap Super Sweet

@Stoichiometry I would not try it at 2% - Super sweetener (15% Sucralose) is about 3x sweeter than TPA Sweetener (5% Sucralose) and I think more in line with Cap Super Sweet which is between 10 and 15% Sucralose from memory.

6 Likes

oh, I didn’t know they have that.

4 Likes

Nor me i didn’t know that we all learn something every day thank you

2 Likes

@Stoichiometry welcome

1 Like

Sometimes a vendor that does relabeling will get it wrong, in some way, compared to the manufacturer. TPA’s website makes no mention of a Super version that I can find. Just regular ol’ Sweetener.

But then again we’ve seen manufacturers change up their labels as well. Go figure!

3 Likes

It puzzles me too… you won’t find it on their website but a good few shops sell it

https://vapegood.ru/product/super-sweetener-tpa/
http://ego2.eu/en/flavours/1433-super-sweetener-100ml-tpa.html

My first thought would be that it’s the same as the regular TPA sweetener, just to try and confuse customers that are familiar with Cap’s super sweet. But then you have shops that offer both :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate the info.
I am not an expert mixologist nor flavorologist but I do believe in detailed experiments so I planned to mix 10ml of my original bottle of TFA Sweetener @ 2% (which I did when I did the first time I ordered it) and 10ml of new bottle of TFA Super Sweetener.
But I figured I would pose the question to the community before I torture tested myself this time.
Again I appreciate the input from all your experiences.
Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, very confusing. (Competitors playing off Cap Super Sweet) DIY Vapor Supply lists both TFA Sweetener and TFA Super Sweetener as well as CAP Super Sweet.

1 Like

I would start off at .5% and work up on that sweetener…
as time goes by you will find yourself not even wanting to use it.
A lot of our flavors are already sweet, but if you are used to “shop” juice… you wil notice the extra sweet is not there… and want to add some.

1 Like

I emailed DIY Vapor Supply. This is their reply…

*Super Sweetener is a new flavor by TPA/TFA/TDA. We list TPA as TDA on our site because the owner (who we are close with) originally asked all of the websites to not to list them as TPA (this was to keep the brand separate from the Vaping scene). She is great and so we followed that request. Depending on how long you’ve been DIY’ing you’ll remember people calling it TPA and then TFA. I hope this helps *

*Sincerely, *
Rob and The DIY Crew

3 Likes

Thank you very much for looking into it.
I did enter my question into their Q&A section but havent seen it answered. Yet another great thing about ELR!
I dont have the contacts to get those answers that directly
But there is usually someone here that does.
Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Was my 1st time also…FWIW.

2 Likes